This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIR ADMISSIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
Roman Catholic High School Opening – Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Director of Admissions & Public Relations (12 month)
The Director of Admissions is appointed by the Office of Catholic Education in consultation with the school’s President. The Admissions Director is a member of the High School President’s senior staff and assists the President in promoting the school and attracting and retaining students.
This position represents the school in a variety of settings on and off campus with limited supervision and must make decisions to conduct oneself appropriately and responsibly, convey accurate information about the school, financial aid, admissions and academics to the public, give recommendations to and counsel prospective students.
The Director of Public Relations is responsible for managing the public relations department and the content is delivers. Ensures brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Director of Admissions
• Develop and implement an admissions and marketing plan that will attract new students and retain existing students.
• Take responsibility for planning, coordinating and handling all student recruitment and retention activities; including but not limited to public relations, marketing, open houses, scholarship and entrance exam, grade school recruitment visits, freshmen orientation and social media activity.
• Maintain and analyze records for recruitment and marketing as needed.
• Develop a full schedule of admissions activities and presentations; scheduling and leading presentations in a variety of settings (large, small, one-on-one, with and without parents, classrooms) and actively arranging follow-up appointments are key components of this role.
• Foster, develop and nurture new and existing relationships with the community, perspective parents and students through research, in-person visits, appointments, phone calls and emails in an effort to schedule presentations and recruit students.
• Schedule, coordinate and lead admissions open houses and other admissions presentations including visits to area elementary schools, managing the shadowing program, meeting with prospective students and families, arranges tours and more.
• Develop long-range admissions and marketing plan and initiatives to ultimately reach intended admissions goals and promote the academic mission of the High School.
• Provide supervision, training and professional development opportunities for any individual involved in admissions, including communicating with and managing the volunteers who are involved in recruitment efforts;
• Oversee the management and reporting of the admissions database (ACT!); including analyzing and preparing data on recruitment and retention as needed.
• Create and post content on various High School social media properties on a regular basis (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram).
• Create, prepare, maintain, and deliver appropriate recruitment literature, including updating and maintaining admission web site pages.
• Oversee admissions process (and coordinates responsibilities among various participants: Admissions Assistant, Tuition Officer, Academic Dean etc.)
• Work with financial aid and monitors academic progress for all recipients of
scholarships for the duration of their award.
• Act as the High Schools representative and liaison with marketing agencies and all other outside marketing vendors.
• Work closely with office personnel to facilitate daily work; answer questions about Admissions, ACT, all aspects of the school and the office; and provide assistance to the President in other areas as needed and coordinates activities with the Director of Institutional Advancement.
• Follows all policies of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catholic Education.
• Supervises student ambassadors Program.
Director of Public Relations
• Direct public relations department within the high school.
• Ensures communication strategy is consistent and reflects the high school’s strategic vision.
• Implements social media strategies.
• Build and sustain online communities.
• Manage relationships with media outlets.
• Ensure consistent framing of messages.
• Advocate on behalf of the high school brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
• Collaborate with marketing to develop the advertising, marketing and promotion plans.
• A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or another appropriate discipline is preferred.
• 2 years of experience College or High School admissions is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in marketing.
• Proven oral and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak before large and small groups in a variety of settings.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively either independently or with prospective and current students, parents, faculty, administration, and support staff members.
• Experience in data systems, preferably student database systems (ACT or Raiser’s Edge), and familiarity with programming and implementation of data in several office environments (Excel, Word, FoxPro).
• A willingness & ability to work early morning, evenings and weekends as needed for presentations.
• A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
Candidates interested in the Director of Admissions & Public Relations position should send their resume and salary requirements to Reverend Joseph W. Bongard, Rector, Roman Catholic High School, 301 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19103
The deadline for application is September 5, 2014. (126)