This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIOCESAN DIRECTOR OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY LIFE
Other, FT Employee
Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge (Baton Rouge, LA)
General Statement of Duties
The Director of Marriage and Family Life Ministries:
• Guides the mission of the office through collaboration with pastors, the Christian Formation Secretariat, and other marriage, family life and respect life organizations.
• The director is responsible for initiating, directing, and implementing diocesan programs and events on the pastoral care of the family and related topics such as human sexuality, marriage preparation and enrichment, parenting, aging process, illness, dying and end of life issues, grief and healing from loss, family ministry, and divorced/separated ministry.
• Provides information and referral on family services such as counseling, social services as well as resources persons and organizations.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education or a related field required.
• Minimum of five years related administrative and supervisory experience.
• Three years’ experience related to marriage and family life ministries required, experience on the parish and diocesan level preferred.
• Working knowledge of Familiaris Cosortio and other pertinent documents of the Catholic Church related to family life ministries is required.
• Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic who is registered and active in a parish, in good standing with the Catholic Church. and possesses a working knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential; technological, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required; superior verbal, written, and presentation skills; and attention to detail a must.
• Incumbent must possess a strong working knowledge of and understanding of Catholic doctrines pertaining to human sexuality, marriage, family, respect life, Natural Family Planning and Catholic social teaching.
• Expertise in marriage preparation or couple evaluation tools strongly preferred.
• Ability to plan and execute prayer services and other religious and educational events related to the mission of the office.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and discretion as required by diocesan policy and legal requirements.
• Ability to relate to the catechizing and evangelizing component of family life ministries.
• Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel frequently.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to [email protected]
Application deadline is July 11, 2014 (102)