This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
St. Vincent de Paul Village, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
Organization: As Southern California’s largest residential homeless services provider, Father Joe’s Villages and its partner agencies St. Vincent de Paul Village in San Diego and Martha’s Village & Kitchen in Indio, CA, have been empowering people to achieve self-sufficiency for over 62 years. What started as a small chapel serving San Diego’s impoverished has grown into a cutting-edge provider of innovative housing programs and services. Father Joe’s Villages and its partner agencies prepare up to 4,000 meals and provide a continuum of care to nearly 1,500 individuals every day-from infants and adolescents to adults and seniors. As industry thought-leaders, the agencies offer innovative solutions to address the complex needs of the homeless, regardless of age, race, culture or beliefs. The organizations’ primary goal is to transform lives and end the cycle of homelessness. To this end, they provide housing, healthcare, food, clothing, education, job training and child development in an internationally modeled “one-stop-shop” approach.
Position Summary: The Planned Giving Manager is responsible for engaging individuals to consider making a planned gift to Father Joe’s Villages. The chosen candidate will identify, cultivate and solicit donors for planned giving bequests, trusts, annuities and real estate gifts. He/she will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s core fundraising services by creating and administering a comprehensive plan for deferred contributions.
• Create and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for gift planning, including development of planned giving strategies for presentation to prospective donors
• Direct production of gift planning collateral materials for the overall development program
• Produce proposals for use in gift planning and engage the organizations management team and Board of Directors as needed
• Educate donors and serve as the institutional resource for gift planning opportunities Respond to planned giving inquiries with phone calls and face to face visits
• Respond to donor inquiries with appropriate information on bequests, life income gifts and other gift planning vehicles
• Develop and maintain understanding of relevant tax, probate, trust and financial/estate planning information and appropriately apply this knowledge to address individual donor needs and goals
• Work collaboratively with fundraisers and other frontline staff
• Coordinate with the organization’s finance department, bank trust departments and other financial entities regarding the management of new and existing gifts and funds
• Ensure accurate reporting of interactions with donors and prospects into the organization’s relationship management database, Raiser’s Edge.
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit planned giving prospects.
• Develop special programs on an ongoing basis to promote bequests.
• Carry out all administrative duties associated with gift cultivation.
• Develop measurements to evaluate effectiveness of marketing activities relating to prospect lead generation and execution of agreements.
• Develop donor recognition programs and coordinate and host donor luncheons.
• Network with other planned giving professionals in the San Diego community.
• Develop relationships with current and new donors to interest them in current and deferred gifts to St. Vincent de Paul Village.
• Develop other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and two years’ experience in fund raising with a focus on planned giving or a combination of education and experience with a demonstrated record of success in fundraising campaigns, planned giving programs, and major gift solicitations
Market Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in related field and five years in fund raising/development for a non-profit organization.
Preferred Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and three years in Planned Giving function for a non-profit organization. Demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships with donors, public audiences, multi-ethnic groups, volunteer Boards, committees and staffs.
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive–but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
To apply: www.neighbor.org
Provide a cover letter and salary history. (331)
Incoming search terms:
- huffington post depaul
- saint vinvent depaul crdibility