DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – CATHOLIC CHARITIES
Fundraising, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
Reporting to the VP of Development – CCAB, the Development Officer will help manage and grow annual giving and major gifts for specific CCAB programs. This person will be responsible for a portfolio of 75-150 gift prospects/donors with capacity to give $5k to $25k. An additional focus of this job will be to implement programs that appropriately and consistently promote interaction with, acknowledgment and recognition of CCAB donors at all levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cultivate and solicit Catholic Charities prospects, volunteers and donors for the CCAB programs we are supporting. Develop a strong understanding of all the key initiatives that are part of Catholic Charities to help to identify new opportunities to solicit donors and advocate for new methods of engaging donors.
• Manage correspondence and stewardship communications with assigned prospects, donors and volunteers to assure overall coordination, individualized attention and to maximize the building of satisfying, long-term relationships with CCAB.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit annual giving donors with a well thought out program of stewardship including site visits, receptions, Masses and/or recognition programs
• In consultation with the Vice President of Development, CCAB, sets mutually agreeable performance goals/standards to effectively measure the quality and quantity of the relationships, gift results and donor satisfaction.
• Maintain and update individual prospect/donor files with appropriate records and contact reports and communicate this information to all appropriate individuals within the organization.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with 5 years of fundraising experience, including demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising
• Extensive knowledge of the Greater Boston business community
• Superior organizational and leadership skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage many projects simultaneously
• Proven interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, especially in gift proposal preparation
• Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion and to exercise good judgment, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
• Professional demeanor, ability to interact well with high-level executives, clergy, trustees, community members and partner organizations and to maintain a level of confidentiality
• Computer literacy and fluency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel), Outlook, and general internet and research skills
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed; car and driver’s license recommended
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
• Willingness to support the Mission of the Catholic Church
Submit resumes to [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- archdiocese of boston news
- catholic charities fort worth facebook
- catholic charities of boston