This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
Youth Apostles (Mclean, VA)
The Youth Apostles team is a small, group who work together closely while maintaining individual responsibility for designated projects. The Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the advancement strategy for Youth Apostles. Reporting to the General Director, the DD will plan, direct, and coordinate all development activities, major fundraising activities and special projects.
• Create and implement annual development plan and strategy including budget development and reporting.
• Cultivate, nurture, monitor and evaluate relationships with current and potential corporate, foundation, sponsors, Partners and individual donors.
• Lead and manage the organization’s overall development efforts.
• Develop and manage Advisory Board fundraising capacity.
• Work on events and take the lead on two main events; Golf & Auction.
• Start building a strong major gifts program from the annual appeal/annual donors.
• At least 4-6 years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience.
• Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic fundraising and development.
• Strong event planning skills.
• Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports.
• Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for fundraising and working with young people and the Catholic faith.
• Positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, keen attention to detail; demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new avenues of support.
• Computer literacy, with experience with fundraising databases (DonorPro and Constant Contact) preferred.
• Answer phones and take messages when no one else is available.
• Familiarity with the Catholic Church a plus.
Hours: 40hrs/week • A background and reference check is done by the Diocese of Arlington. (95)