Fundraising, PT Employee
St. Thomas More Parish (Munster, IN)
The Development Director will report to the President and is responsible for planning, coordinating and directing activities that attract the support needed to provide sufficient resources for the parish to achieve its vision. The ideal candidate is an experienced person who has the skills to raise funds and build a network of supporters. This will be accomplished by creating a plan and implementing fundraising campaigns that demonstrate vision and initiative by identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual donors, major benefactors, corporate sponsors, and alumni to support the operational needs of the school and church. To start, this is a part-time (25 hours/week) position.
• Work with the President and other committees to create, implement and monitor development goals and annual fund raising effectiveness.
• Responsible for all phases of giving including individual, family, alumni, foundation and corporate giving.
• Design, implement and manage all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment, capital campaigns, planned giving, special projects and other solicitations.
• Maintain all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and relations.
• Ensure maintenance of donor records and good stewardship recognition of contributors including donor fundraising reports, donor recognition newsletters and events.
• Provide input to formulate and implement a marketing and community relations plan, designed to promote St. Thomas More Church and School.
• Support and promote School activities to alumni, prospective donors, benefactors, corporate sponsors and foundation representatives via Facebook, Twitter, website postings and other social media.
• Create office systems to support all development projects and operations including managing the database and all records, files and gift processing.
• Organize and support the Alumni Association, including organizing alumni events, collecting news and information about the members of the alumni for publication and keeping accurate records of the School’s alumni.
• Manage and maintain the alumni database.
• Work with committees to identify and train core groups of volunteers to assist in development and alumni programs as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Competencies Required
• Committed to the mission and values of St. Thomas More Parish and of the Catholic Church.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to set priorities.
• Proven experience in designing and managing development and alumni relations programs.
• Success in all areas of institutional advancement including, but not limited to; annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, alumni relations, public relations and donor communications.
• Demonstrate leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational and financial goals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively speak to large and small groups as well as one-on-one communication.
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
• Ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment and also able to lead when necessary. Will work with paid staff and volunteers.
• Must embrace technology.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, fundraising or comparable.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising or a related field. Experience in a Catholic church and/or school is preferred.
• Must be a Roman Catholic.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Experienced in maintaining a donor database management system. Raisers Edge experience is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- st thomas more campbelltown newsletter
- st thomas mores newsletter launceston