This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
St. Malachy School (Philadelphia, PA)
The Development Director role is a full-time position and will require very good time management skills, a strong background in “individual giving,” and experience with electronic communications and marketing. Development is vital to the life and general operations of the school and raises funds that directly help families meet the cost of education.
The major job duties include:
• Become familiar with and develop a positive rapport with individual benefactors, major donors, cooperate sponsors, and foundations and their representatives.
• Collaborate with development committee chair and members to create, implement and monitor development goals and annual fundraising plan complete with goals, policies and protocols.
• Develop agenda, reports and materials for development committee meetings and school board meetings.
• Work closely with the school principal, manager and consultant to develop proposals, grant requests to foundations, and major gift appeals.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Friends of St. Malachy School Board and the School Board.
• Ensure donor access to organization’s function for complete transparency.
• Coordinate special events, donor recognition events, and event volunteer management.
• Develop and maintains processes for data input and tracking.
• Produce monthly development reports and other managerial reports.
• Work with pastor and volunteers to develop acknowledgements for donations within a specific donation range.
• Assist with website updates and works with volunteers to develop annual newsletter.
• Assist volunteers with auxiliary fundraising events on an as needed basis.
• Attend finance committee meetings and participate in organization-wide planning activities.
Undergraduate degree, nonprofit fundraising experience, strong background in individual giving, grants writing experience, experience working in deadline-driven environments, ability to work well in a team environment, ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
The salary for this position is competitive and will be based on a candidate’s level of degree and educational development related experience. (96)
Incoming search terms:
- pope st malachy