Fundraising, FT Employee
Louisiana Right to Life (New Orleans, LA)
Louisiana Right to Life Educational Committee Inc. and
Louisiana Right to Life Federation Inc
Job Description: Development Director
The Development Director (hereafter ’employee’) of the Louisiana Right to Life Educational Committee Inc. and Louisiana Right to Life Federation Inc (hereafter ‘organization’) is responsible, under the direction of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, for coordination of the fundraising of the organization.
• Experience Recommended: Prior experience in following activities is recommended:
o Development/Fundraising Experience:
• Securing gifts through major gift solicitations, corporate/foundation relations, and annual appeals.
• Experience with direct mail and telemarketing fundraising.
o Public Speaking
o Understanding of Pro-Life Movement and Involvement in Pro-Life Activities
• Self-Starter: The employee would be required to be self-driven to set and reach goals without constant monitoring.
• Organized and Responsible
• Ability to work with others to accomplish tasks
• A Passion for the Pro-Life Cause
• Proficient Computer and Mobile Phone Skills
Development Director Position Description:
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the employee will spearhead development efforts to ensure the organization continues to grow in order to expand its efforts to accomplish its mission of building a stronger pro-life Louisiana.
The employee will be particularly charged with the goal of increasing the Louisiana Right to Life Federation’s membership / small dollar donor base, with the hope of using various means of fundraising to increase the Louisiana Right to Life Federation annual small dollar income to at least $100,000 a year.
Development Director Tasks:
• Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual, quarterly, or monthly individual donors via in-person, online, direct mail, and telemarketing giving.
• Managing of donation processing, data entry, mailing list management, and other related tasks. This would involve the supervision of any staff member responsible for this work
• Overseeing special fundraising events, such as the Golf FORE Life Tournament, Bowties for Babies, etc and fostering new events. There is a possibillity that the Development Director could be working with other staff members to handle these events as well.
• Identifying new donors (individuals, foundations and corporations) for direct solicitation and setting up/attending relevant meetings for the Executive Director and/or other board members to secure financial support.
• Create and execute an “annual fund” appeals program
• Work with the Executive Director to identify and solicit at least 5 major gift prospects on a monthly basis. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors (with Executive Director).
• Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan and report for the organization.
Basic Details of Position
• Full time position at the office in New Orleans.
• 10 Business Days Paid Vacation
• Monthly Health Insurance Stipend (organization currently evaluating future of this provision)
• Cell Phone Monthly Stipend
• The salary will be determined by the experience and qualifications of the would-be employee.
Submit resume with references, along with a “Letter of Interest” indicating why you would be a good fit for the position, to Benjamin Clapper at [email protected] For questions, please call the office at 1.866.463.5433. (0)