This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
Light of Christ Catholic Schools of Excellence (Bismarck, ND)
Light of Christ Catholic Schools of Excellence, in Bismarck, ND has an exciting, dynamic opportunity for an experienced Development Director with proven success in cultivating, soliciting and securing major gifts ($100,000 and above). This new position provides an ambitious fundraiser with the opportunity to serve as an architect of an exciting fundraising program including planning, organizing, and directing Light of Christ Catholic Schools of Excellence development efforts- incorporating major gifts, special events, and capital campaigns. The Development Director will report to the Superintendent and work closely with him and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
The Development Director will plan, organize, coordinate and direct Light of Christ Catholic Schools of Excellence (LOCCSE) development efforts; discover new major sources of revenue for (LOCCSE); identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors; and develop fundraising strategies to support the current strategic planning goals and create sustainability and affordability for the future.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Supports the philosophy of Catholic education and embraces, communicates and champions the mission, vision and values of the Light of Christ Catholic Schools of Excellence (LOCCSE) to all stakeholders.
2. Designs, plans, implements and manages development and fundraising programs that are consistent with the needs of LOCCSE and approved and supported by the Superintendent and Board of Directors.
3. Meets and surpasses annual fundraising and development goals.
4. Recommends long range goals and assists the Superintendent as needed to secure the current and future financial stability of LOCCSE.
5. Grows a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
6. Reviews all proposed local, diocesan and parish fundraising activities that would have a significant impact on LOCCSE major fundraising campaigns and presents findings to the Superintendent.
7. Participates in development activities including:
a. Budget planning,
b. Approval and oversight of fund raising activities,
c. Volunteer development and leadership,
d. Development of solicitation and marketing materials, and
e. Development of quarterly and/or annual reports, campaign materials, brochures and case statements.
8. Manages a major gift portfolio and tracks the gift acknowledgement process including the maintenance and updating of donor records and processing of donor receipts.
9. Develops cooperative, harmonious and professional relationships with all constituents.
10. Creates a positive, high level community profile and builds and stewards relationships with parents, students, community leaders, businesses, alumni, volunteers, parishes, schools, faculty, and staff.
11. Maintains best practices and ethical standards for non-profit fundraising and financial transparency.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Participates in professional development organizations and professional development activities as determined by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in development, communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
• A minimum of seven years of prior related experience with a demonstrated record of performance, preferably in an educational setting. Prior experience in marketing or public relations preferred.
• Demonstrated experience generating revenue growth in development programs.
• Exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to manage all phases of the major gift cycle including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• A strategic thinker and self-starter who is goal driven, able to complete tasks, document results, analyze situations and opportunities, and report to constituents and stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
• Willing to grow in the position.
• Must maintain confidentiality of financial data and other matters.
• Must maintain ethical behavior in all interactions.
• Must have familiarity with and understanding of the Catholic Church’s teachings on stewardship and fundraising.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Application deadline: July 31, 2013
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Catholic Education Consulting Services
Betsy H. Boyle, President
For additional information on Bismarck, ND and Light of Christ Catholic Schools of Excellence visit:
Incoming search terms:
- light of christ catholic schools bismarck nd
- loccse bismarck nd
- bismarck light of christ catholic schools of excellence
- light of light catholic schools board
- light of christ catholic schools of excellence
- excellence in education catholic schools bismarck 501(c)3
- catholic schools develoment directors
- catholic development director light of christ
- loccse development director position