This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
Arrupe Jesuit High School (Denver, CO)
The Development Director, in coordination with the President, will develop and execute the strategy for all fundraising and communication activities to include securing individual, corporate and foundation contributions and grants. The Director will also have primary responsibility for successfully directing and managing community outreach initiatives and partnerships, expanding and diversifying philanthropic revenue, and furthering the culture of philanthropy across the organization. The Development Director will report to the President, serve as a member of the leadership team and effectively lead the Development Department.
• Responsible for achieving and growing fundraising goals as identified by the President and Board of Trustees. S/he will be charged with conceiving and implementing a sound multi-year fundraising program that coordinates with ongoing communications and research development strategies and significantly broadens and increases Arrupe Jesuit High School’s (AJHS) base of support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
• Provide energetic leadership, direction and coordination for AJHS marketing and fundraising strategy. Serving in partnership with, and as a member of the leadership team, the Director will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding gifts to the organization, as well as strengthening communication of the mission to all constituents and the community to achieve an annual fundraising goal of approximately $2M.
• Other specific tasks will include management of principal and major gift prospects, conducting visits to prospective donors, organizing cultivation, stewardship, fundraising, and awareness events that engage donors and prospects, and coordinating visits by the President and other key stakeholders. S/he also serves as liaison to the Board’s Development committee.
• Lead and manage the development team, insuring all staff are managed in the most effective and professional manner. S/he will work in partnership with the President and Marketing & Events Manager to develop and implement the marketing and communications strategy for Arrupe Jesuit High School.
• The ideal Director will be an experienced manager who possesses proven leadership and organizational skills, a keen understanding of best practices in fundraising, a demonstrated ability to build an effective development strategy and program to include major events, a strong record of securing major gifts, and exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills. Additionally, the Director will have experience in marketing and communications approaches and strategies.
• The successful candidate will also reflect an understanding of and commitment to AJHS’s mission, possess excellent writing and presentation skills, be achievement-oriented, and have the personal attributes necessary to effectively engage a range of researchers, donors, business leaders and other collaborators.
• The candidate will demonstrate integrity and be a self-starter with a sense of urgency and clear set of priorities. S/he must have a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising with a track record of successfully developing major donor fundraising strategies and securing gifts.
• Additional qualities include: visionary fundraising leadership; track record of increasing and diversifying philanthropic support; extensive campaign, fund and management experience; success in soliciting significant gifts personally and with leaders; proven ability to engage and support high-caliber executive, volunteer, and community leadership. Knowledge of and experience with the philanthropic community in the Denver metro area preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
• Catholic in good standing with the church
• Minimum 5 years of experience in development with an emphasis on Major Gifts, Corporate, Foundation and Event Fundraising.
• Demonstrates successful, visionary leadership and management experience.
• Must have a strong track record of increasing and diversifying philanthropic support
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with fundraising databases.
• Ability to effectively manage, lead and motivate staff members.
• Thrives in a team-focused environment.
• Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body.
• Strong commitment to the mission of the school and Corporate Work Study Program.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Full benefit package including health, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403b retirement plan, life insurance, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to: [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled. No phone calls please. (148)
Incoming search terms:
- arrupe development
- arrupe jesuit high school development
- development director arrupe
- Development director catholic school position denver