This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church (O’Neill, NE)
The Director of Development is responsible for providing assistance to the Pastor of St. Patrick’s and Principal of St. Mary’s in the ways of coordination, planning and implementation of programs of support related to the development of the parish and school.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and implements the parish auction, school $10,000 raffle, development dinner, and alumni weekend.
- Identifies opportunities to secure long-term major gifts (estate planning, etc.) and coordinates effort with Fr. John, our major-gifts coordinator.
- Organizes and implements ongoing public relations and marketing for St. Mary’s school, including production of newsletter, press releases and other materials.
- Acts as liason to the finance council, parish council and school board to identify additional sources of funding.
- Maintains careful and accurate records of all grants, donations, gifts, scholarships contributed to any organization within the parish or school purvue, sends statements of gratitude, and letters for tax deductions.
- Maintains records of parish and school investments, including receiving monthly statements and filing in an organized fashion.
- Attends Archdiocesan workshops as possible on opportunities to increase parish stewardship.
- Organizes and coordinates ongoing Alumni relations and programs including membership list, Alumni weekend and general correspondence.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A college degree is not required.
- An ability to be organized and professional is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Publisher.
- Reliable transportation.
- The ability to be a good writer.
- Must be a strong supporter of St. Mary’s Schools.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Should have a cursory working knowledge of keeping records.
- The ability to plan, coordinate and implement events with the help of volunteers.
Applications are accepted via email at [email protected] (201)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic church st patrick
- oneill ne
- St Patricks catholic church of Anoka