This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
Legion of Christ College (Cheshire, CT)
Legion of Christ College
Legionaries of Christ
The Legion of Christ College in Cheshire, CT is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Development Coordinator. The Legion of Christ College provides schooling and education for legionary brothers in their first three or four years of formation towards the Catholic priesthood.
Working closely with the fundraising team and other key support individuals and groups, the Development Coordinator plays a fulltime hands-on role in the full spectrum of daily department operations, fundraising events, outreach projects, supports marketing and communication efforts, assures timely and complete administrative support, and does what it takes for LOCC to achieve its evangelization and development goals in the service of the Catholic Church.
If you have (a) a passion for doing high-quality, detailed, multi-task administrative and organizing work that directly helps to enable young men the opportunity to discern their vocation as Catholic priests, and results in a myriad of men and women coming to know Christ; (b) have natural talents for organizing and follow-through; and (c) enjoy a self-starter work environment, then this job is for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Benefactor prospecting and research
• Pre-planning for multiple campaigns and events
• Collaborate with marketing for designing and provisioning marketing pieces
• Attending all the event planning meetings
• Organizing and supervising event volunteers for event planning, staging and production
• Maintaining annual fund raising calendar and scheduling benefactor visits
• Maintaining and executing email marketing blasts and email data base
• Developing benefactor mailing lists; maintaining the prospect and general contacts databases
• Running queries and database imports and exports
• Maintaining and updating the support pages of the Legion of Christ College web site
• Helping at peak times in mailing projects such as cards and special cultivation letters
• Prepare and update various fundraising reports
• Minimum of three years of experience in development office administration, project coordination, and event coordination
• Proficiency with 2010 or 2013 MS Office, project management software, one or more contact database input and reporting software applications, and Constant Contact email distribution software
• Naturally proactive, organized, pragmatic and collaborative team style of working with others
• A natural drive to plan and implement effective, organized systems for people
• Proven proficiency in email and general correspondence writing skills
• Excellent telephone, writing, listening, and speaking skills
• Unifying and charitable interpersonal behaviors
• A practicing Roman Catholic is a bona fide occupational requirement of the position
• Currently active in the Regnum Christi Movement is preferred but not required
Benefits: Paid time-off, healthcare and retirement savings benefits
Work Environment: on campus in Cheshire CT working with great people in achieving the Catholic Church’s modern evangelizing mission!
Interested and qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) complete resume by July 30, 2014 to [email protected] (97)