This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America (Washington, DC)
Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America
1400 Quincy Street, NE, Washington, DC 20017
General Qualifications: Qualified candidates are supportive of Catholic teachings and the mission of the Catholic Church and have (1) excellent verbal communication, written communication and interpersonal skills; (2) a friendly and professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills; (3) a positive and energetic attitude; (4) a strong desire to meet goals and commitments; (5) organizational skills and great attention to detail; and (6) strong computer skills.
General Areas of Responsibility:
- Donor database management
- Event management
- Donor cultivation and stewardship
- Vendor contact and coordination
- Volunteer coordination
- General clerical
Under general directions and supervision, the Development Coordinator is responsible for independently conducting the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to events and fundraising. S/he will ensure that personal conduct and representation at meetings and various community events is professional and aligns with the Monastery’s mission and code of conduct. Specific responsibilities include:
- Process incoming and prepare outgoing mail.
- Update donor database and run reports.
- Assist with daily gift entry and acknowledgment process.
- Draft customized acknowledgements for major gift donors.
- Maintain a system of records management, both electronic and paper for all donors and prospects.
- Work closely and coordinate the fundraising efforts and schedules of the friars, volunteers, consultants and others on the fundraising and communications teams.
- Manage event logistics and provide administrative support to event committees.
- Coordinate contact with outside event and fundraising vendors.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with donors.
- Coordinate volunteers.
- Provide administrative support with regard to letters, e-mails and newsletters.
- Provide general clerical support, including filing, copying, correspondence and errands.
- Research, contact and build relationships with potential funders and donors.
- Participate in staff meetings and other activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required along with 2 or more years of development experience or demonstrably equivalent experience.
- Ability to independently initiate projects and activities.
- Very organized and able to keep others organized.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of computers and Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of developing a fundraising plan.
- Attentive to details.
- Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand. (127)