This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Cristo Rey Columbus High School (Columbus, OH)
Job Title: Development Coordinator Written/Revised: 5/2014
Location: Cristo Rey Columbus High School
Responsible to: Director of Development
FLSA Code: (Hourly)
I. JOB SUMMARY
Cristo Rey Columbus High School seeks an experienced and motivated professional to assume the position of Development Coordinator. The successful candidate will be involved with all Development activities including fundraising, public relations and marketing projects.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed as directed by the Director of Development and President and according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined in Cristo Rey Columbus High School’s policy and procedures manual, once established.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate:
• Support the Development Director and President as it relates to the duties of the Development Director, and is a key player in the school’s fundraising, marketing and public relations programs.
• Has a demonstrated understanding of the Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge system and a working knowledge of its implementation.
• Plans and manages production of all external communications including traditional, electronic and social media to facilitate contributions and promote awareness in the community.
• Collaborates with the Development Director to initiate and manage new programs.
• Assists with grant research, proposal writing and grant reports.
• Helps forge new strategic relationships and develop initiatives to strengthen and expand the school’s mission.
III. OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Complies with federal, state and local safety laws.
2. Maintains a neat and safe work area.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
IV. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required: Compliance with BCI and FBI background checks and completion of Protecting God’s Children program.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Experience: 2 to 3 years’ experience with not for profit fundraising. Experience in a faith-based organization is preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Valid driver’s license required; must be insurable with good driving record.
Job Related Skills:
• Minimum of two years directly related experience in Development with demonstrated success in stewarding small gifts.
• Prior experience in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, web management and social media required.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and basic experience with fundraising software, including Quick Books is a plus.
• The school’s Development Department demands a confident, motivated individual who has the ability to multi-task, work with others with a collaborative, team approach, and succeeds in a fast-paced environment.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal and listening skills are required.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, typical of an office with computers and printers. This is an hourly position. Office hours for this position vary and do require late afternoon, evening and/or weekend work. Cristo Rey School is a smoke-free and weapons-free facility.
V. PHYSICAL STRENGTH DEMANDS
The Physical Demands Strength Rating reflects the estimated overall strength requirement of the job. It represents the strength requirements, which are considered to be important for average, successful work performance:
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work.
Qualified candidates: Please submit a cover letter explaining why you are the most qualified candidate for this position and why you believe you will be successful in it. Also submit a resume, and contact information for three references to:
[email protected] or mail to:
James C. Ragland
Cristo Rey Columbus High School
840 W. State Street
Columbus, Ohio 43222 (255)
Incoming search terms:
- cristo rey columbus
- cristo rey columbus ohio careers
- Cristo Rey Columbus Ohio School Code
- Cristo Rey high school Columbus
- Cristo Rey High School Columbus Ohio
- job profile of school coordinator