This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DEVELOPMENT AND FINANCE INTERNSHIP
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Saint Paul’s Outreach (West St Paul, MN)
The Development/Finance Intern is responsible for assisting the Development and Finance Departments in furthering the mission of Saint Paul’s Outreach. Key areas of service include: gift processing, database management, and clerical support for the Development and Finance departments.
This is a temporary, full-time, non-exempt position. It is funded through personal support raising.
• Processes gifts in an accurate and timely fashion, using the database.
• Creates, prints, and mails donor letters, including gift acknowledgements and letters that are customized for Mission Centers.
• Ensures data is accurate and database functions effectively.
• Enters and updates constituent information in the database.
• Keeps Gift Processing Manual updated.
• Conducts periodic scrubbing of database.
• Assists other development staff with running reports.
• Acquires the necessary knowledge to become a Raiser’s Edge expert.
Clerical Support for Development Department:
• Provides support for annual development events, grant proposals, and other projects.
• Assists with Personal Support Raising (PSR) logistics, including materials, monthly reports, and inquiries.
Finance Department Assistance:
• Assists with accounts payable and receivable, including entering/processing bills and running checks.
• Updates and monitors weekly deposit activity using QuickBooks.
• Ensures records in Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks are aligned.
• Assists with credit card deposit activity.
• Files and shreds documents as needed.
• Assists other Finance Department staff members as needed.
Personal Support Raising:
• Cultivates and solicits funds for SPO from personal contacts to help SPO fund the position.
• Stays in contact with benefactors through various means.
Copying, internet communication, filing, etc. Attending supervisory meetings and department meetings as requested. Other duties as assigned.
Peers: Other Interns and Mission Leaders
Supervision of: None
Internal and External Contacts
The Development/Finance Intern communicates frequently with other staff for collaboration purposes, and occasionally with students, donors, and vendors for various purposes.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
Experience Requirements: Work or volunteer experience in a professional and confidential environment. Prior experience with SPO, development and accounting work, data entry, and database management is preferred, in particular experience with Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks.
Additional Requirements: Must demonstrate strong skills in the following areas: accurate data entry, strong attention to detail, pro-active, self-starter, ability to work independently, problem solving, strong computer skills, written and verbal communication, editing, time management, team work, typing, ability to distinguish and safeguard confidential information, and organization. Able to communicate clearly and professionally with donors. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn and become expert in new complex software quickly and intuitively. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is essential. Enthusiastically supportive of SPO’s mission, core virtues and core values: willing and able to live them out and communicate them effectively to others. Faithfully living out the Catholic faith and the mission of evangelization.
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected] (197)