This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DEPUTY SECRETARY FOR CATECHETICAL FORMATION
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Deputy Secretary for Catechetical Formation assists the Archbishop in the catechetical mission and activities of the Archdiocese. The Deputy Secretary serves under the authority of the designated Auxiliary Bishop and is supervised directly by the Secretary for Catholic Education. The primary responsibility of the Deputy Secretary is to develop a comprehensive vision for catechetical formation and instruction for parishes, elementary and secondary schools, and Catholic Campus ministry in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Duties)
The duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Secretary for Catechetical Formation include but are not limited to the following:
• Directs the religious education of parish children (Pre-K-12) in the Parish Religious Education Program and the elementary, special education and secondary schools.
• Directs the school ministry programs in the secondary schools of the Archdiocese.
• Supervises Catholic Campus Ministry.
• Oversees the evangelization and catechetical initiatives for youth and young adult ministries which include CYO Athletics and Scouting Organizations.
• Provides staff development and formational opportunities for the catechetical leaders, teachers, administrators, catechists and youth/young adult ministry leaders of the Archdiocese.
• Participates in staff meetings with the Secretary for Catholic Education and Superintendent of Schools.
• Ensures that textbooks and sacramental resource books are in conformity with the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
• Ensures that administrators, teachers, catechists, campus ministers and youth/young adult ministry leaders of the Archdiocese are faithful and committed to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Implements the Archdiocesan Catechetical Certification Policy for elementary school teachers and Parish Religious Education catechists.
+ Collaborates with St. Charles Borromeo Seminary regarding the core courses for Catechetical Formation.
+ Provides workshops, seminars and regional faculty retreats for elective credit.
• Confers with the Secretary for Catholic Education and Superintendents of Schools in all matters of a catechetical nature related to the elementary, special education and secondary schools.
• Collaborates with the Vicar of Cultural Ministries and his staff in the area of religious education and faith formation of children, youth and young adults.
• Collaborates with other Archdiocesan offices in the area of faith formation.
Qualified Candidate should be a practicing Catholic in good standing and have:
+ A Master’s Degree in Theology or Religious Studies.
+ A minimum of five years as a Catholic Campus Minister, Parish Youth Ministry Leader, and/or Director of Religious Education.
+ A minimum of five years in the education field as an elementary and/or high school teacher.
+ Experience as a diocesan administrator or school administrator is preferable.
+ Three letters of recommendation in addition to a letter of recommendation from the candidate’s current pastor.
Candidates interested in this position should send resume to [email protected]
Application closing date is July 9, 2014.
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. The Office of Catholic Education may waive qualifications relating to experience and education if such a waiver is warranted by other considerations. The Archdiocese offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education. (114)
Incoming search terms:
- deputy secretary catechetical formation archdiocese of philadelphia