DEAN’S ASSISTANT-ATTENDANCE SECRETARY
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Marin Catholic (Kentfield, CA)
Marin Catholic High School in Kentfield, CA would like to fill the position of Dean’s Assistant/Attendance Secretary 2014-15 school year.
Marin Catholic is a Roman Catholic, co-ed college prep Archdiocesan high school located in Kentfield, CA. It has an enrollment of approximately 720 students and a staff of 100 teachers, administrators and classified staff.
The Dean’s Assistant is responsible for working with the Assistant Principal for Student Life and the Deans and Faculty to ensure accurate attendance accounting for the School. This position provides clerical support and information and direction to parents and visitors, as needed.
The Dean’s Assistant/Attendance Secretary reports to the Assistant Principal for Student Life.
The Dean’s Assistant should be able to carry out the following primary responsibilities under limited supervision;
1. Control student entry and exit from campus, coordinating with student groups and parents to allow students to leave for excused reasons
2. Generate passes and late slips for students
3. Research discrepancies as related to reported and recorded attendance records
4. Respond to inquiries from parents in person or by telephone
5. Monitor students out of class for illness or discipline
6. Manage daily attendance and generate reports, as necessary
7. Supervise high school students as desk assistants and message runners
8. Maintain database of locker assignments
9. Maintain student carpool database and grant student parking spaces
10. Maintain record of personnel parking spaces
11. Assist other departments’ personnel to complete school mailings or projects
12. Maintain and order office supplies for the Deans
Qualifications – The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
1. Ability to learn school attendance policies
2. Competency and comfort with technology
3. Proven competency with web-based systems
4. Ability to learn new software and enthusiasm for continued education in tech
5. Ability to effectively collaborate with faculty, students, parents and staff
6. Flexibility and ability to change priorities quickly
7. Sound judgement and discretion
This is considered a Full-time, Non-Exempt, 10-month position. The Dean’s Assistant works 198 days during the school year beginning in August 2014.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume (e-mail ok) to Teri Hanley, Assistant Principal for Student Life by April 4th to:
Marin Catholic High School
675 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
Kentfield, CA 94904 (0)