This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DEAN OF STUDENTS
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Cardinal O’Hara High School (Springfield, PA)
Cardinal O’Hara High School
Position Description: Dean of Students
Basic function and scope of the position:
The Dean of Students works closely with the Assistant Principal for Student Services, other school personnel and students and families to build and maintain a positive and safe school environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and enforce school behavioral expectations.
• Confer with students, parents, and teachers regarding student related policies.
• Serve as a resource to staff regarding student management issues.
• Assist in the planning, developing, and implementation of student behavior plans.
• Openly communicate with staff and parents/guardians regarding student behavior.
• Manage the documentation of student behavior through the student management system.
• Attend appropriate meetings regarding student growth and success.
• Assist in the maintenance of the crisis management plan and school safety requirements.
• Compile, analyze, and share student discipline data regularly, and use that data to make decisions.
• Support cafeteria moderators in maintaining well-organized and well-run lunch periods.
• Be highly visible to students and foster positive, supportive relationships with them.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or an education-related field.
• Three years experience working with students in an educational setting.
• Prior student discipline experience preferred.
Interested parties should send cover letter, resume, list of references and salary requirements, electronically, to Mr. Thomas S. Fertal, President, Cardinal O’Hara High School, at [email protected], by Wednesday, August 20th, 2014.
This is a full-time, ten-month position. (109)
Incoming search terms:
- cardinal ohara high school springfield pa