This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DEAN OF INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
St. Bernard’s Catholic School (Eureka, CA)
DEAN OF INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
The primary responsibility of the Dean of International Programs is to provide overall leadership, direction and management of the school’s International Program, which includes international admissions, international student housing, resident life, and international student education programs. The Dean of International Programs reports directly to the President and is a member of the administrative team (President, Dean of Academics, Dean of Students, Dean of Campus Ministry, Dean of International Programs). This is a 200-day administrative position.
Although the school has educated and housed international students since 2005, the Dean of International Programs position is a brand new position to the school. As the school transitions from a co-ed dormitory to an all-male dorm, there is a need for a dedicated administrator to oversee the entire International Program to ensure streamlined operations. The goal of the International Program is to deliver an excellent Catholic college-preparatory education and a valuable American living experience to university-bound international students.
St. Bernard’s accepts male and female students of all nationalities. Our international student body consists of students from China, Vietnam, and South Korea. The on-campus dormitory has 20 student rooms, 3 staff living quarters (a fourth will be built this summer), two offices, a commercial kitchen, study hall, dining room and living room. Off-campus homestay arrangements are available to students as well.
For more information about the school and international program, please visit www.saintbernards.us
• Provide overall leadership, direction and management of the school’s International Program, including but not limited to international admissions, international student housing, resident life and international education programs.
• Works collaboratively with the President, Controller, Residence Director, and Director of International Admissions in the development and review of the annual budget.
• Works collaboratively with the Dean of Academics to monitor international student academic progress.
• Works collaboratively with the Dean of Students and Residence Director to monitor international student discipline and attendance.
• Serves as the final authority in dormitory and homestay discipline matters.
• Network and maintain working relationships with boarding personnel from other boarding schools.
• Identify boarding associations that the school could benefit partnering with.
• Responsible for the identification of professional development opportunities for staff.
• Works collaboratively with the Dean of Academics and College Counselor to arrange college campus visits for international students.
• Works collaboratively with the administration and the Board of Directors in the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
• Attends monthly Board meetings and presents a written board report.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by the President.
We desire to have this position filled soon in order to give the newly hired Dean of International Programs the opportunity to start prior to the last day of the 2012-13 school year, which is June 7th. The first task of the Dean of International Programs will be assembling an RA staff, in particular the hiring of a new Residence Director.
To be considered for this position; please submit a cover letter, resume, and at least two letters of recommendation to:
Via mail: St. Bernard’s Catholic School
Attn: David Sharp, President
222 Dollison St.
Eureka, CA 95501
Via email: [email protected] (111)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic School Administrator Jobs
- dean st back to ed
- st bernard catholic high school