DEAN OF ACADEMICS
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Sacred Heart School (East Grand Forks, MN)
Dean of Academics and Student Life (K-12) for Sacred Heart Catholic School (1/31/2014)
Sacred Heart Catholic School in East Grand Forks, Minnesota is seeking a Dean of Academics and Student Life (K-12). The primary objective of the Dean of Academics and Student Life is to ensure successful learning within a welcoming, safe Catholic Christian environment working in collaboration with the school President and Principal. The individual will serve as an educational leader of the school. The Dean of Academics and Student Life reports to the Principal of the school.
This is a new position. Duties will change as needed.
Sacred Heart is a parochial school in northwest Minnesota with a parish of approximately 1200 families and a school of approximately 300 students K-12. It is an important faith formation ministry of Sacred Heart Church. Sacred Heart High enrolls Catholic and non-Catholic students from the East Grand Forks, Grand Forks, surrounding communities. Sacred Heart Catholic School, founded upon our Benedictine heritage of prayer and work, Sacred Heart Catholic School promotes faith in Jesus Christ, educates youth and ministers to all.
• Master’s Degree in Education or related field. Have teaching licensure in the state of Minnesota or able to achieve licensure
• Knowledge of elementary and high school education/curriculum and instruction
• A strong commitment to the Catholic education as well as a regular witness in his/her parish community
• Must be an active, practicing Christian, Catholic preferred
• A passion for and ability to infuse a faith-filled environment with academic excellence
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills
• Be reflective, inclusive and decisive
• Seeks ongoing professional development
• Teaching experience
• Must be approved by the Diocesan Safe Environment Program and Criminal Background Check
• K-12 curriculum
• Individualized Learning Plans
• Be able to use various assessment tools to promote student learning
• Interim: high school enrichment program
• Oversee extracurricular activities: Drama, Speech, S.T.E.M., etc.
• Student discipline and supervision 7-12 as needed
• Travel programs: Rome, mission trips, etc.
• Staff Development: Professional Learning Community
• Work in collaboration and support of the school administrative team and instructional staff.
• Other Assignments as determined by administration (based upon experience and background)
• Use outside resources (on-line learning, Northland, etc.) to promote learning
• Recognizes respects and facilitates the role of parents as primary educators
• Nurture and maintain open communication with all stakeholders
• Show support by frequently attending extracurricular activities
• Establish and maintain a positive rapport with the student body
• Strong faith and morals
• Ability to inspire
• Patience and flexibility
• Valuing of persons and relationships
• Possess conflict resolution skills
• The Dean will be the lead in the development and staffing of individual learning plans for every student in grades 6, 8, and 10 with the theme of “Your Child Matters.” The Dean will develop plans with teachers, parents, and support staff to follow progress and set goals. The Dean will be responsible to follow-up and alter plans as needed making sure they are being implemented.
• The Dean will develop a high school Interim Program (one week once or twice a school year). The Interim Program is a time period outside of the normal school curriculum in which students are able to take electives of special interest or go off site to job shadow with business. The Dean organizes the program, puts together the program guide, determines student assignments, solicits classes, recruits business participation, and supervises students as needed.
• The Dean will develop a high school travel program such as a yearly mission trip for juniors and seniors or other travel in collaboration with teachers and parents such as the Spanish trip, German trip, etc. The Dean will be the lead resource to assist other travel arrangements as needed for Wolf Ridge, Deep Portage, etc. The Dean may be expected to travel with these various trips and assist with fundraising efforts for each program.
• The Dean will oversee various extracurricular activities such as Drama, Speech, S.T.E.M. etc. as directed by the President and Principal. While the Dean may not be directly responsible for the specific area, the Dean will oversee this area of Student Life. The Dean will be responsible for promoting new ideas and programs, recruiting coordinators and volunteers, and promoting the activities to students.
• The Dean, in collaboration with the President and Principal, will be responsible for student discipline for grades 7-12.
• Provide leadership and collaboration in current curriculum and professional development
• Develop, in collaboration with the faculty/staff, a curriculum that utilizes the findings of current educational research to meet the needs of students and fulfill the requirements of the accreditation agency
• Be familiar with state and national curriculum standards
• Continuous education of school faculty/staff in the integration of the mission of Sacred Heart School
• Commitment to educating the whole child and “Your Child Matters”
• Knowledge and implementation of various assessment tools and data
• Meet with faculty on a regular basis both individually and collectively
• Attend and lead elementary and high school staff collaboration (PLC)
• Attend curriculum/staff development days
• Recognize and foster leadership ability among faculty/staff members
• Nurture and maintain open communication and collaboration with faculty/staff
• The Dean will serve as a resource for the accreditation renewal process and assist the Principal
• Please send your current resume, college transcripts and list of references to: Dean Search Committee, Sacred Heart School, 200 3rd Street NW, East Grand Forks, MN 56721, or [email protected] . (0)
Incoming search terms:
- dean sacred heart seminary
- Diocese of Crookston MN safe environment curriculum for children
- mike wavra east grand forks mn
- Sacred Heart Catholic High School