This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DATABASE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Technology, FT Employee
St. Labre Indian Catholic School (Ashland, MT)
Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and repair of the organization’s donor database.
1. Queries database and generates various reports. Responsible for learning and mastering all aspects of the current database used to store and manipulate donor information in the direct mail program.
2. Generates data files and distributes to vendors.
3. Works with outside programmer and Database Manager to troubleshoot and correct errors within the database.
4. Confers with Database Manager to determine impact of database changes on other development systems and staff.
5. Manipulates data files.
6. Transfers data.
7. Assists with database backup and recovery.
8. Assists in monitoring database performance; ensures security and integrity.
9. Assists with directing programmers and analysts to make changes to donor database system.
10. Provides development related software support to Development staff with regard to all available software programs.
11. Communicates all database changes and updates to the proper departments and /or individuals.
12. Assists in monitoring hard drive space by saving and deleting files.
13. Works with MIS Department to keep all development computers, server and printers working properly.
14. Imports files into database for posting and reporting functions. Completes programming for back-end premiums as needed and notifies appropriate staff when completed.
15. Works closely with the Database Manager to ensure tasks are completed.
16. Assists with training users and answers questions.
17. Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
18. Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
19. Builds an excellent working relationship with vendors. (74)