This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DATABASE RECORDS COORDINATOR
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Office of Stewardship and Development of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Database Records Coordinator. This opening is to fill a vacant created position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Responsible for ensuring that the Raiser’s Edge Membership Database is managed effectively and efficiently; communicates and provides assistance with various Chancery departments who utilize Raiser’s Edge and assists parish staff in the update process of constituent records. Produces and distributes reports as needed for the Annual Catholic Appeal campaign.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Maintains the Raiser’s Edge Membership database
Coordinates and manages the Raiser’s Edge database to ensure corrections, additions, and deletions
are handled properly and in a timely manner. This includes life status changes; new constituent entry;
parish staff changes; processing of returned mail from the post office; and coordinating duplicate
Record merges and notifying parishes monthly to send in parishioner updates. Creates timeline/deadline for parish updates to be included in the Archbishop initial solicitation mailing.
2. Raiser’s Edge User Support and Data extractions/mailings
• Supports Chancery departments using Raiser’s Edge with assistance in running queries and exports.
• Supports and assists Chancery departments when help is needed with entry of new constituents.
• Processing parish registration lists and updates through the Import-O-Matic process.
• Processes the National Change of Address data in Raiser’s Edge – returns changes to parishes.
• Collaborates with the Director and Assistant Director in cleaning up export files for mailing houses. To include, but not limited to, data selections for the Annual Catholic Appeal office such as: Archbishop’s Initial Solicitation Letter; Labels for parish to use for pledge envelopes processing; Thank You Letter; Archbishop’s Follow-up; Pledge Fulfillment; Christmas Letter; IRS Tax Letter Data and NW Catholic data file.
• Supports the Annual Catholic Appeal in extracting and sending parish donor detail reports through Sharefile.
3. Database testing/training/knowledge
• Test membership software upgrades in a test environment to ensure proper functioning prior to the live system upgrade.
• Supports and assists in training other Chancery department employees when needed.
• Ongoing training is required to keep current with the upgrades to Raiser’s Edge. This is accomplished by using Blackbaud’s Knowledgebase as well as online training classes or in-person classes as the need arises.
• Collaborate with PDS software programmer and users to support their use of the software for parish updates.
• Collaborate with Import-O-Matic support center as needed.
4. Stewardship Teamwork
Participates and assists with Stewardship and Development events as requested. Assists team with Parish Stewardship Events, Crozier Society events and Archbishop’s Annual Golf Tournament.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
a. Some college highly preferred.
a. At least 3 years experience working with a customer management or fundraising system
preferably in a relational database environment.
b. At least 1 year Raiser’s Edge experience required.
c. Familiar with the query function in Raiser’s Edge and resulting export files.
d. Knowledge of Crystal Reports preferred.
4. Other Elements:
a. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects and set
priorities to meet deadlines.
b. Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in data entry.
c. Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact and problem solve any data
concerns with constituents, parish and archdiocesan staff.
d. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
e. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
f. Must possess a valid Washington driver’s license to be able to travel throughout the
Archdiocese of Seattle.
g. Knowledge of and familiarity with the Catholic Church in Western Washington.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (140)
Incoming search terms:
- seattle catholic diocese