This is a syndicated post from The Chant Café. [Read the original article...]
Waiting for spring to arrive? Having a long Lent? Feeling tense about Holy Week? Here are some sure cures for the blues. Choose your favorite one or two.
- Spend an hour and a half, solid, no interruptions, on instrumental or vocal practice.
- Make a strategic plan, including a to-do list, for the completion of a long-dreamed-of project.
- Buy some Easter cards for the choir and handwrite a note of appreciation to each person.
- Sit down and read the Gospel for 15 minutes.
- Buy an Easter basket or treat for someone in your parish who is lonely or poor.
- Go for a run.
- Throw a football for 20 minutes with a nine year old.
- Sing through the Victimae Paschali Laudes. Optional followup: Lauda, Sion, Salvatorem.
- Recite a Psalm by heart.
- Register for Colloquium.