This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Counseling, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach is in search of a full time Counselor/Therapist for its Pahokee, FL location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides assessments and counseling to individuals, couples, families, children and groups, maintaining an average of 22 face-to-face counseling hours per week.
• Provides information and referrals.
• Oversees the administration of testing instruments such as pre/post tests and Session Rating Scales given to counselor’s clients.
• Provides statistical, as well as data regarding outcome measurements, to be used in Agency reports to United Way or other funding sources and for CQI purposes.
• Advocates for clients when necessary and in client’s best interest.
• Attends regularly scheduled (weekly) meetings with immediate supervisor.
• Attends area supervision meetings (monthly), monthly division meetings, or any other supervision group meetings.
• Participates in Quarterly Case Records Review, correcting one’s own case files when deficiencies are found.
• Interfaces with other community agencies as much as possible for collaborative purposes.
• Maintains case records in a timely manner, with essential information deemed necessary to provide appropriate services.
• Becomes familiar with and carries out the policies and procedures of Catholic Charities.
• Supports and participates as needed in the accreditation or re-accreditation process.
• Attends agency meetings/staff development programs as required.
• Attends training sessions as determined by needs outlined in annual evaluation.
• Participates on a CQI team.
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
• Masters degree in clinical social work, mental health counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Licensed clinician in Florida preferred.
• 2-3 years experience in counseling children and adults.
• Must be bilingual (Spanish and English)
• Computer literate; Microsoft Word and Excel, email and internet usage
• Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively with employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Common sense and good judgment in handling day-to-day matters without direct supervision.
• Ability to forge mutually respectful partnerships with supervisor, coworkers, and clients with an understanding and sensitivity to cultural difference. This sensitivity includes, but is not limited to, characteristics of specific cultural and ethnic groups, religious, various socio-economic groups and those living alternative lifestyles.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and make decisions with minimal supervision.
• Organized, self-starting, punctual, honest and courteous.
• Knowledge and support of Catholic Social teaching.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
• Florida driver’s license and excellent driving record.
• Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
• Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
• Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
• Frequent extended periods of sitting
• Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
• Occasional ability to distinguish basic colors (i.e. graphics)
• Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. driving) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
• Occasional time spent working closely with others
• Work hours are generally regular; however the job demand may require extended hours from time to time.
For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and employment application to [email protected]
Salary requirements and references must be included for consideration. (712)
Incoming search terms:
- AJDioces therapist
- catholic Charities of Fort Walton Beach
- catholic charities palm beach gardens
- diocese of palm beach florida/marriage counseling
- does the fort worth catholic dioces have marriage counseling
- guidance counselor pay in the diocese of palm beach?
- i need a catholiv therapist west palm beach florida
- palm beach diocese another suitable location for marriage
- palm beach gardens churches