This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Counseling, PT Employee
Catholic Charities (Stuart, FL)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides assessments and counseling to individuals, couples, families, children and groups, maintaining an average of 10-15 face-to-face counseling hours per week.
• Provides information and referrals.
• Oversees the administration of testing instruments such as pre/post tests and Session Rating Scales given to counselor’s clients.
• Provides statistical, as well as data regarding outcome measurements, to be used in Agency reports to United Way or other funding sources and for CQI purposes.
• Advocates for clients when necessary and in client’s best interest.
• Attends regularly scheduled (weekly) meetings with immediate supervisor.
• Attends area supervision meetings (monthly), monthly division meetings, or any other supervision group meetings.
• Participates in Quarterly Case Records Review, correcting one’s own case files when deficiencies are found.
• Interfaces with other community agencies as much as possible for collaborative purposes.
• Maintains case records in a timely manner, with essential information deemed necessary to provide appropriate services.
• Becomes familiar with and carries out the policies and procedures of Catholic Charities.
• Supports and participates as needed in the accreditation or re-accreditation process.
• Attends agency meetings/staff development programs as required.
• Attends training sessions as determined by needs outlined in annual evaluation.
• Participates on a CQI team.
• Masters degree in clinical social work, mental health counseling, or marriage and family therapy.
• 1-2 years experience in counseling children and adults; internships qualify.
• Licensed clinician in Florida preferred.
• Must be bilingual (Spanish and English)
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to use equipment (fax, computer, copier etc.)
• Capable of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive data
• Proficiency in Microsoft Software (especially Word, Outlook and Excel)
• Will adhere to all Catholic Charities and Diocesan policies and Procedures
• Exhibits professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, pastors, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
• Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
• Ability to work irregular hours
• Knowledge and support of Catholic Church teachings
• Florida Driver’s License, excellent driving record and access to vehicle
• Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
• Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
• Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
• Frequent extended periods of sitting
• Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
• Occasional ability to distinguish basic colors (i.e. graphics)
• Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. driving) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
• Occasional time spent working closely with others (69)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities stuart florida