This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Simon the Apostle (Indianapolis, IN)
The Catholic Community of St. Simon the Apostle
Title: Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Reports To: Pastoral Associate of Family Life
Hours/Week: Full-time (32 hours per week)
The Youth Minister develops and coordinates activities to serve the spiritual and social needs of youth in grades 6-12 for the parish community. The Youth Ministry program is to include a balance of faith formation, spiritual growth, service, and social activities that build community.
• Plan, direct, and oversee youth ministry programs for St. Simon parish youth utilizing the Youth Center.
• Organize and facilitate active youth groups that participate in spiritual, service, and social activities utilizing adolescent catechetical programs such as:
o LifeTeen for teens in grades 9-12.
o EDGE for middle school youth, grades 6-8.
o Plan an annual St. Simon mission trip for high school youth.
o Coordinate NCYC participation for St. Simon high school youth
o Coordinate North Deanery events for St. Simon participants.
• Assist CRE in facilitating Confirmation sacramental preparation for 8th graders.
o 4-6 hours per week during Confirmation preparation period.
• Recruit and supervise youth ministry volunteers as needed.
• Ensure regular and effective communication with parents of youth.
• Attend St. Simon Youth Commission (monthly) and North Deanery youth ministry meetings (monthly).
• An active Catholic in good standing with the Church.
• A person called to ministry with an understanding of vocation.
• Personal integrity and witness to the Catholic faith.
• Organizational skills.
• Good communication skills, written and verbal.
• Flexibility to work often during evening and weekend hours.
• Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Youth Ministry goals and willingness to apply principles of youth ministry.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in theology, religious studies, Pastoral Ministry or related field preferred.
• Certification as a Youth Minister is desired. (111)
Incoming search terms:
- st simons school indianapolis