This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church (Anchorage, AK)
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
Youth Ministry Coordinator Job Description
Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Director of Faith Formation
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Anchorage, AK
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry will seek to increase youth participation in a variety of faith-development activities. Such activities will seek to create and develop a sense of belonging, celebrate life in Christ, foster witnessing and service, and develop leadership among youth in the parish. Our ideal program includes a balance of faith formation, spiritual growth, service, liturgy, and community-building social activities. The Youth Coordinator will desire to lead teens closer to the heart of our Lord and strive to live a spirit-filled life of holiness.
Further, the position collaborates with the Pastor and Staff in a unique team approach to implement the overall mission of the parish by participating in comprehensive planning, implementation, and evaluation of the parish’s programs, goals and objectives, with a specific focus on youth.
The successful candidate must have a servant’s heart for teens, knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church and a visible commitment to living his or her life according to those ideals.
Skills and Qualities Desired:
• A sense of call and passion for youth ministry that is grounded in an understanding of the Catholic faith and personal integrity
• Good communication skills, both written & verbal, with both teens and adults
• People-oriented and service-minded
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Organized, thorough, and accurate
• Solid work ethic; Reliable and able to meet deadlines
• Able to juggle priorities and track multiple projects; Able to delegate and supervise volunteers
• Self-starter/personal initiative in dealing with projects
• Team player and comfortable with team dynamics
• Displays a personal aptitude for spiritual, emotional, social, and physical wellness
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, direct, and oversee comprehensive High School, Confirmation and Young Adult ministry programs
• Provide leadership for the youth in developing strategies for Catholic Christian growth
• Oversee, organize and develop the youth KAIROS program for grades 8-12
• Explore creative ways to keep youth involved and engaged in their Catholic faith
• Recruit, supervise, and train youth and adults (including parents) to provide team leadership for various ministry offerings; Provide leadership and guidance to volunteers; Provide guidance and leadership to all volunteers and assesse/evaluate the performance of assigned volunteers
• Oversee the Confirmation Program and organize the annual Confirmation Ceremony
• Develop department budget, supervise expenditures, and approve/make recommendations on contracts for youth ministry events
• Provide two High School retreats annually
• Create bi-monthly or weekly prayer groups gathering for teens
• Be active in relational ministry with youth and their families
• Develop a constant communication with the Pastor, Director of Faith Formation, and the Archdiocese by attending meetings with the parish staff and Youth Ministers of the Archdiocese
• Schedule social events for the youth from September to May
• Organize and direct summer events for teens from June to August
• Ensure that parish and Diocesan guidelines in Youth Ministry program are strictly followed, particularly in regards to Safe Environment policies
Education: Bachelors Degree desired, but not required; Degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry or related field preferred.
Experience: Parish-based Youth Ministry experience. Experience with various youth ministry models, with a particular understanding of the YDisciple approach and intentional discipleship with teens.
This is a ministry position with teenagers. Hours are inherently demanding and require personal flexibility. Forty hours per week minimum is to be expected.
Salary range: Varies with education, experience, and responsibilities. (250)
Incoming search terms:
- dr patrick nolan anchorage alaska
- at what age are children confirmed in diocese of anchorage ak