This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, PT Employee
St. Mary Catholic Church (Williamston, MI)
Coordinator of Youth Ministry & Confirmation (7th – 12th Grade)
19 Hours per week
St. Mary Catholic Church is a family friendly Catholic community in Williamston, Michigan and is located 15 minutes east of Michigan State University. We are seeking a part time Coordinator of Youth Ministry who shares our commitment to the proclamation of the Good News, building the domestic church, forming intentional disciples, and fidelity and obedience to the Magisterium. Our parish is rooted in sacramental worship. We believe the Eucharist is the source and summit of our faith.
The CYM ministers to the families of the parish by coordinating junior high and high school programs and provides leadership to assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for evangelizing and discipling young people.
- Works within the vision of the staff to disciple youth within the parish & domestic church.
- Recruits, trains and supervises adult leaders and catechists for the youth ministry program.
- Coordinates “Encounter”; the junior high Confirmation preparation which serves as our primary ministry to 7th & 8th graders. Works with junior high catechists to offer opportunities for the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
- Coordinates “Warriors of the Word”; the High School ministry program that includes weekly youth group and major events (NCYC/FUS/Diocesan events). Also assists staff and volunteersin setting up opportunities for monthly or bi-monthly Adoration & Praise and Worship (Festival of Praise).
- Assists the DRE with the annual diocesan March for Life trip.
- Develops and launches an after school program for Williamston High School one day a week.
- Maintains regular office hours two days a week and is available to parish staff & young parishioners.
- Attends relevant staff meetings.
- Communicates with parents and staff.
- Faithful Catholic who is in good standing with the Church and an intentional disciple.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with all age groups.
- Firm commitment to the Church and its teachings.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- BA in theology, catechesis or equivalent preferred.
- Proven classroom experience as a catechist.
- Basic computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office.
Hourly salary commensurate with experience and education.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work of the position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
While performing duties, employee has to sit for long periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, and answer telephone calls. The position also requires some standing, stooping, and bending when coordinating various educational programs and presentations. Setup for various events may include lifting more than 50 lbs. Employee is expected to work onsite. Some travel is required throughout the school year. Weekend work is required.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to [email protected] or Adam Janke, 157 High Street, Williamston, MI 48895. (74)