COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Agnes Catholic Church (Arlington, VA)
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry (CYM) organizes Christian formation activities for young adults (ages 18-35), high school aged (grades 9-12) and middle school aged (grades 6-8) youth at St. Agnes Church. These activities include social and service events, Bible studies and catechesis, which help young people to know Jesus Christ, and to cultivate friendships rooted in Faith. The CYM will work to fully incorporate young people into the life of the parish encouraging attending Mass and Confession regularly, and to be evangelizers of the Christian Gospel.
The CYM’s primary responsibility is organizing the parish’s catechesis and formation programs for high school aged youth. The CYM also works with the Director of Religious Education (DRE) and the school in coordinating events for middle school aged youth, including Confirmation preparation. The CYM will be directly accountable to a priest in the parish.
Skills and Expected Qualifications:
• Ability to use Microsoft Office products and other Information Technology products.
• Knowledge and proficiency in social media use.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
• Ability to prioritize work and possesses efficient time management skills.
• Regularly practicing and confirmed Catholic, who believes, teaches and bears personal witness to the Faith and Morals of the Catholic Church.
Full-time salaried position with benefits. Salary commensurate with education / experience. Immediate opening. Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter with salary requirements and three references to [email protected] Put “CYM search” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. (0)