This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church (Lake Havasu City, AZ)
Purpose and Scope:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Religious Education, the Coordinator of Youth Ministry develops, coordinates and fosters a comprehensive youth ministry program for grades seventh through twelve. This position develops communication with and mutual support from families of youth and partners with other community and Diocesan youth organizations. The Coordinator of Youth Ministry fosters the goals and objectives of the USCCB document “Renewing the Vision” for youth ministry.
Essential Job Functions:
• Program Development
o Recruits, trains, develops and motivates all youth, peer and adult volunteers; works in collaboration with the Diocese to provide leadership training; offers safe environment training and maintains records on each volunteer.
o Develops leadership skills in youth and adult volunteers.
o Develops a network for reaching out to youth.
o Provides weekly youth catechesis and opportunities for youth to hear and respond to the Gospel message.
o Is available and has set times for listening, advising and referrals.
o Plans, coordinates and implements weekend retreats and evenings of prayer reflection.
o Develops the kind of relationships with parents that are conducive to open communication between the parent and youth.
o Coordinates and supervises sacramental processes for adolescent families in collaboration with other Parish staff.
o Works to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
o Attends special school events and sports functions and visits schools when possible.
o Prepares, submits and administers a proposed budget each year; maintains accurate financial records as required by Parish policy.
o Maintains necessary office and program records, including a log of activities and time.
o Determines effective means for publicizing and promoting programs and experiences.
o Submits periodic reports to the Pastor and Pastoral Council as requested detailing programs in youth ministry.
o Stays up to date with listed community agencies and resources that interface with youth.
o Maintains regular communication with teens and their families through the bulletin, mailing and contact opportunities; participates in the Parish registration process; maintains accurate records on youth and their families.
o Initiates ways of gathering data on the need, interest, attitudes and beliefs of the youth.
o Keeps the Parish faith community informed of youth ministry activities and goals.
• Parish Staff Member
o Attends regular staff meetings and participates in staff planning.
o Communicates with staff about youth ministry activities and seeks staff input in planning youth ministry activities.
o Supervises and coordinates scheduling of youth events and activities.
o Works in collaboration with other Parish staff in scheduling, visioning, planning and implementing activities, events and processes that overlaps into other areas of other staff responsibilities.
• Additional Job Functions
o Perform any other position related tasks as deemed necessary or assigned by the Pastor or Director of Religious Education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to engage in ongoing professional formation; keep informed of trends in youth ministry, theology and methodology in ministry; participate in Diocesan workshops and seminars, and courses in methodology and theology where needed.
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with the wider civic community at large.
• Ability to learn Diocesan guidelines and procedures.
• Proficiency in use of a variety of office equipment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel, Power Point , Google Applications, and Web 2.0.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work collaboratively with Pastoral staff and lay leaders.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends.
• Must complete annual Diocesan safe environment training.
• Must have valid AZ Driver’s License and own transportation and the ability to drive on company business in conformance with the Diocese of Phoenix Transportation Policy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology OR National Credential in Youth Ministry OR background in theology and educational methodologies with a willingness to move toward credential or degree.
• Must be an active Roman Catholic in good standing, faith-filled, spirit driven, self-motivated, imaginative, energetic, organized and reliable.
• Bi-lingual preferred (152)
Incoming search terms:
- OUR LADY OF THE LAKE CATHOLIC CHURCH ROCKWALL
- our lady of the lake pta program
- churches in havasu that have volunteers
- lake havasu city
- Lake Havasu City Council Budget Meeting 5/6
- our lady of our lake church
- our lady of the lake catholic church lake tahoe
- youth ministry in a church