This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT FAITH FORMATION
Young Adult Ministry, FT Employee
St Ann Catholic Church (Hagerstown, MD)
The parish seeks a full time Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Faith Formation to organize and coordinate comprehensive ministry to and faith formation of teens (Grade 8-12) and young adults (Age 18-30 years). The position would start Summer 2014.
• Young Adult
o Maintain responsibility for the development and implementation of programs to engage/form young adults (ages 18 – 30). Act as an advocate and link for young adults to the pastoral team, parish, and community.
• High School Youth Ministry
o Establish and provide formation for a suitable Core Team to consist primarily of volunteers disposed to assist the Coordinator in executing and directing monthly teen nights and teen retreats and otherwise ministering to the needs of parish teens
o Continually invite participation by high school teens in all High School activities and events.
o Develop an appropriate relational ministry with parish teens
o Maintain consistent and regular contact with the parents of High School participants, updating them on activities and events and communicating specific details as necessary
o Coordinate, schedule, and execute youth retreats.
o Organize occasional programming aimed at reaching out to teens who are either living on the margins of the Church or are unchurched
o Provide occasional or ongoing recreational and/or sports activities for teens
o Coordinate chaperones and adult supervisors and transportation, in accord with STAND requirements, for any off-campus youth ministry event or activity
o In collaboration with the parish STAND Coordinator, assure that all volunteers in youth ministry meet the requirements of the Archdiocesan Office of Child and Youth Protection
• Adolescent Faith Formation
o Collaborate with the Parish Formation Coordinator in regular programming that meets the need for high school faith formation consistent with the requirements of the Archdiocese
• Sacramental Preparation for the Confirmation of Youth
o In collaboration with Parish Formation Coordinator, coordinate a Sacramental Preparation program for youth candidates for Confirmation
o Implement curriculum of faith formation for those preparing for the Sacrament
o Schedule small-group meetings to help candidates meet the requirement of sacramental preparation outlined by the Archdiocese
o Recruit, train and assist in the formation of volunteer catechists
o Schedule and coordinate an annual retreat for confirmandi; train and assist in the formation of a retreat team who will help conduct these retreats
o Meet with parents to inform them of the confirmation process at St Ann
o Coordinate interviews between the Pastor and candidates to discuss their intent and readiness to receive the Sacrament
o Facilitate and record suitable service hours for all confirmandi
o Plan, rehearse and coordinate the Sacrament of Confirmation. Be present for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation
• Balance the eight components of youth ministry as established by the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops in their document Renewing the Vision of Youth Ministry: advocacy, catechesis, community life, evangelization, justice/service, leadership development, pastoral care, prayer and worship
• The Coordinator is a member of the pastoral staff, responsible to the Parish Formation Coordinator and the Pastor. The Coordinator will work in collaboration with all parish staff members, especially with the Parish Formation Coordinator, Ministerial Administrative Assistant and the Bulletin Editor.
• Continually publicize youth and young adult ministry initiatives through various media forms, particularly those media forms that reach the greatest number of youth and young adults, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and similar social and multi-media forms
• The Coordinator will provide announcements and other materials for publication to Bulletin Editor on regular basis; assist the Pastor and Finance Committee in drafting a ministry budget and work within a budget; maintain regular office hours to facilitate these relationships and to serve as a resource for all youth ministry matters; participate in all scheduled parish staff meetings; attend Parish Pastoral Council meetings, as needed.
• Must be a practicing Catholic able to participate in the Sacramental life of the Church and committed to conducting him/herself in such a way that gives witness to the Catholic faith and is consonant with Catholic doctrine and morals.
• Must be a committed disciple of Christ and have a strong commitment to forming others in discipleship.
• Must be proficient in the use of various social and other media forms for the purpose of reaching youth and young adults and inviting their participation in all ministry initiatives.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s degree, prefer in Theology, Religious Studies, or related field and must possess some previous youth ministry experience.
• Must possess demonstrated ability to relate to teens effectively and appropriately and excellent organizational skills. Knowledge of adolescent and young adult spiritual and personal development.
• Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills. (151)
Incoming search terms:
- faith formation catholic