This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR OF INTRAMURAL ATHLETICS
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Ave Maria University (Ave Maria, FL)
As part of the broader Division of Student Affairs, the Ave Maria University Intramural Athletics Office strives to enable students to live out Pope John Paul II’s vision of sports and the overall idea of physical, moral and social development through her athletic programs. The program provides students with a constructive learning experience that enables significant growth and enhances the development of values that will be critical for personal and professional success in the future.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Coordinator of Intramural Athletics is responsible for overseeing all intramural athletic events at Ave Maria University.The intramural office is responsible for coordinating and managing intramural seasons, tournaments and other athletic events on campus.
• Coordinate the hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all Intramural student staff
• Collect and process schedules; maintain stats and website for Intramural sports
• Working knowledge of all Intramural sports and playing guidelines
• Facilitate scheduled Intramural sports staff meetings
• Develop, market, and promote the Intramural sports program to student, faculty, and staff by utilizing all available campus resources
• Assist with the development and implementation of all rules, regulations, and policies governing the Intramural sports program, and mediate conflicts.
• Insure for proper maintenance, cleaning, storage, and inventory of all recreation sports equipment
• Identify program equipment and supply needs
• Purchase, maintain and repair all weight and cardio equipment for the student weight room
• Assist with the development of annual program goals and long term planning
• Complete other staff duties as assigned
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or a related field is recommended.
• Previous experience in intramural athletics or sports management is required.
• First Aid, CPR, and AED certification preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Requires in-depth knowledge of rules and officiating procedures for the following sports: dodgeball, sand volleyball, flag football, soccer, frisbee and basketball. Must have experience with Microsoft Office and related programs. Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions. Requires effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and present reports. Knowledge of game supervision, risk management and emergency action procedures is preferred.
Physical skills and abilities:
Depending on the assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
Full-time Flex Schedule (40 hrs. per week/10 months per year): primarily evening and weekend hours. Much of the work will be outside the office at athletic facilities and outdoor locations for intramural contests.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience and education, and includes a furnished room on campus and meal plan. The University provides a benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision with some cost sharing, and 100% employer paid life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance. In addition employees have the ability to contribute pre-tax earnings to a Flexible Spending Medical or Dependent care account, and a 403b retirement plan.
Application Process: Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected] Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. (114)
Incoming search terms:
- Ave Maria University Basketball