This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR OF ELEMENTARY RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Religious Education, PT Employee
St. Mary Catholic Church (Williamston, MI)
“The heart of catechesis is a person, Jesus, who is the way, the truth, and the life.” Blessed Pope John Paul II, Catechesi Tradendae, 5.2
St. Mary Catholic Church is a family friendly Catholic community in Williamston, Michigan and is located 15 minutes east of Michigan State University. We are seeking a part time Coordinator of Elementary Religious Education who shares our commitment to the proclamation of the Good News, building the domestic church, forming intentional disciples, and fidelity and obedience to the Magisterium. Our parish is rooted in sacramental worship. We believe the Eucharist is the source and summit of our faith.
The CRE ministers to the families of the parish by administering the religious education programs for elementary catechesis and provides leadership to assist the parish community in building a solid foundation of catechetical ministry.
The primary responsibility of the CRE is to supervise the parish school of religion for preschool – 6th grade students, including the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Program. The parish is currently transitioning to the total use of the CGS program for all elementary school students. The coordinator will be responsible for supervising this transition, including holding book studies and formation for parishioners and their families, supervising and recruiting catechists, and communicating with parents and staff.
The successful candidate will also:
- Work closely with the pastoral & school staff for the good of the whole parish and community.
- Attend relevant staff and diocesan meetings.
- Implement diocesan and parish catechetical policies and guidelines, including catechist certification and policies related to the protection of children and youth.
- Counsel, advise, and meet with students, parents, and teachers when problems arise in the classroom.
- Supervise sacramental preparation for Reconciliation & 1st Communion, and assist with liturgical celebrations and sacramental rites for students.
- Maintain the necessary records pertaining to the various religious education programs and personnel.
- Faithful Catholic who is in good standing with the Church and an intentional disciple.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with all age groups.
- Firm commitment to the Church and its teachings.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- BA in theology, catechesis or equivalent preferred.
- Proven classroom experience as a catechist.
- Experience with Catechesis of the Good Shepherd preferred, or a willingness to train.
- Basic computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office.
Hourly salary commensurate with experience and education.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work of the position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
While performing duties, employee has to sit for long periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, and answer telephone calls. The position also requires some standing, stooping, and bending when coordinating various educational programs and presentations. Setup for various events may include lifting more than 50 lbs. Employee is expected to work onsite. Some travel is required throughout the school year. Weekend work is required.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to [email protected] or Adam Janke, 157 High Street, Williamston, MI 48895. (69)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic religious education coordinator guidelines
- catechesis of the good shepherd outdoor sign
- duties of coordinator of religious education
- st mary catholic parish religious education williamston michigan
- williamston mi