COORDINATOR OF ACQUISITIONS AND CO-PRODUCTIONS
Television/Film, FT Employee
Eternal Word Television Network (Irondale, AL)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assists in the acquisition and co-production of television programming (appropriate for EWTN’s domestic and international audiences) with television producers, distributors, and related groups worldwide.
1. Negotiation of broadcast licensing rights for the acquisition and renewal of programming with television producers, channels, and distributors worldwide.
2. Development of original ideas and co-production agreements with television producers and channels worldwide in order to create new programming.
3. Updating and maintenance of the SIMS program management system.
4. Implements EWTN’s internal procedures for the review, editing, and processing of all acquired, renewed, and co-produced programming among the Accounting, Home Video, Programming, Promotions, Radio, Theology, and Traffic departments.
5. Regular and prompt attendance.
• College degree preferred; or 5 years experience in an appropriate field.
• Above average oral and written communications skills in the English language.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and how they relate to the programming goals of the Network
• Proficient oral and written communication skills in the Spanish language preferred.
• Very strong organizational skills.
• Keen sense of detail
• Ability to work well with others as well as alone, and capable of following directions.
• Above average computer and internet skills
• Ability to carry and move heavy items to a remote location
• Some travel required
SPECIAL SKILLS AND/OR PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Zero tolerance for unlawful discrimination against or harassment of self or others.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity.
• Honesty and integrity.