This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR, GRADUATE RECORDS AND STUDENT SERVICES
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
BASIC PURPOSE: Provides administrative and clerical support to the Assistant Director of Graduate and CCE Enrollment Management & Services and the Assistant Director of Graduate Enrollment Management and Services.
1. Assumes day-to-day responsibility for the graduate admissions process including review and upkeep of all graduate application files and updating the information in the database; prepares, updates, and monitors application folders for the graduate programs.
2. Performs data entry for applications in process, updating database daily of supporting materials received for graduate program applicants.
3. Serves as a liaison between the Graduate Studies department and applicants; overseeing the preparation and processing of notification letters; and preparing statistical reports.
4. Maintains student records and the Office’s Intent to Enroll pipeline report.
5. Performs data entry for graduate program inquiries, which will include viewbook mailings, correspondence and tracking of these inquiries in database system.
6. Contacts graduate applicants regularly, updating the applicants on the status of their application by email and/or phone. Opens mail and downloads online applications from the graduate website on a daily basis.
7. Prepares completed folders for Directors and Admission Committee review and updates the Committees’ decisions in the databases.
8. Prepares acceptance, denied or waitlist decision letters to applicants for Director’s signature.
9. Performs duties such as answering telephones, taking accurate messages, scheduling appointments, addressing inquiries and greeting visitors.
10. Organizes departmental functions as it pertains to new graduate students (i.e., information sessions, orientation).
11. Assists with various office projects and performs other related administrative duties, as requested by the Director and Assistant Director.
12. Supervises work-study students.
13. Preforms office related duties in the absence of the graduate secretary.
14. Maintains strict confidentiality on many sensitive and critical issues.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* 1-3 years previous experience in student services or another position.
* Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, accurate typing and proofreading skills, attention to detail, strong knowledge of and experience using Datatel, or other CRM database system.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people, discretion when handling confidential material, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple duties simultaneously and remain focused despite frequent interruptions.
SCOPE: Interacts on a regular basis with all members of the College community, including faculty members, administration, staff, students, and Trustees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, multiple concurrent tasks, interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Assumption College, a Catholic liberal arts and professional studies college, was founded in 1904 by its sponsoring religious community, the Augustinians of the Assumption. Assumption College is part of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium and an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer encouraging candidates who would enrich the College’s diversity.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr (118)
Incoming search terms:
- 5 functions of a word processor
- coordinator of graduate student services