This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR, FAITH FORMATION OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
Summary: This position assists the Director in overseeing and supporting the mission of the Faith Formation of Youth & Young Adults ministry area in the Office of Lifelong Faith Formation & Parish Support. The mission is to train and support parish leaders who seek to form disciples of Jesus Christ and His Church, through a unified vision for ministry to young people, from early adolescence through young adulthood.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists and advises the Director in the overall mission of the Faith Formation of Youth and Young Adult ministry area.
• Trains and supports parish leaders who seek to create a unified vision for ministry to young people, from early adolescence through young adulthood.
• Leads, supports and directs team members in their respective roles within the office’s mission. This includes but is not limited to the following:
o Ongoing support, mentoring and training for those who serve young people
o Programming for youth, young adults and families
• Assumes responsibility for specific administrative duties; this includes staff supervision, planning, budgeting, quality assurance and reports.
• Develops and sustains collaborative relationships with Bishops, Pastors, RCAB leaders, Pastoral Team members and others who work with and for youth and young adults.
• Envisions, strategizes, directs and implements programs, services and projects, in collaboration with team member(s), and/or other offices and/or agencies.
• Represents the Cardinal Archbishop of Boston in matters related to youth and young adult ministry.
• Develop and maintain faith formation of youth and young adult information on www.bostoncatholic.org, the Secretariat website and on social networks in collaboration with the Creative Production Specialist.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• A Catholic in good standing, who understands and supports the mission of the Church and of the Archdiocese of Boston
• A willingness to be a leader in the Evangelization effort of the Church, including being a witness to one’s own relationship with Christ
• Masters degree in Theology preferred; Bachelors degree in Theology required.
• Minimum of 6 years ministry to youth and/or young adults, including significant experience in adolescent development, catechesis, and formation.
• Ability to teach, train and mentor adult and young adult leaders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Available for nights, weekends, and overnights, including travel outside of the Boston area when required.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office and other modern technologies, including basic web management
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail, social networking and/or telephone.
• Strong service orientation.
• Bilingual is a plus.
Please submit cover letter & resume to [email protected] (61)
Incoming search terms:
- Youth and Family Faith Formation Coordinator Tucson