This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
COORDINATOR BEREAVEMENT SERVICES
Counseling, FT Employee
Catholic Charities Brooklyn (Brooklyn, NY)
Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens is currently seeking a Coordinator Bereavement Services for our Parish & Community Outreach and Services Programs.
Parish and Community programs offer support for our neighbors in need. Programs work closely with parishioners and community residents to develop the skills necessary to lead lives of independence and self-sufficiency. Programs support independence, self-determination and dignity. The services we offer through our Community Centers are extended via our mobile sites which serve hard-to-reach parish communities in Brooklyn and Queens. We also work closely with nearly 200 Diocesan parishes and more than 30 parish clusters to address community issues such as affordable housing, emergency preparedness, health care, immigration and bereavement.
Under the direction of the Director for Parish and Community Outreach and Services, the Coordinator of Bereavement Services provides Bereavement and Ministry of Consolation trainings to parish-based volunteers, acts as a resource, and conducts ongoing workshops & presentations as needed in the Diocese of Brooklyn & Queens.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Master’s degree with concentration in Thanatology.
• 3-5 years of experience in Thanatology.
• Thorough understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church on Death, Dying & the Resurrection.
• Ability to facilitate meetings, train volunteers & conduct Grief & Loss presentations in Bereavement Ministry and Ministry of Consolation.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed.
• Develop and monitor the budget of the Bereavement Ministry Office, including record keeping & documentation of all income & expenses for programs.
• Develop and organize Bereavement seminars, presentations, and workshops as needed by CCBQ, Catholic Cemeteries and the parishes in the Diocese.
Please send resume and salary history/expectations attention to Kate Mikaberidze, HR Recruitment Coordinator, at [email protected] or Faxed: (718) 722 6189 with Parish & Community Services in Subject Line.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including pension, health and dental insurance, along with generous paid time off package.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.ccbq.org.
Incoming search terms:
- bereavement catholic charities brooklyn