This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids (Grand Rapids, MI)
The Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as its new Controller. This full time position will lead the day-to-day financial operations of our non-profit Congregation, with a budget of $10 million, and supervise a team of 3 staff members. Functional responsibility includes general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and various healthcare related programs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Controller with thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their application to non-profit entities. Must be intelligent, a hands-on manager, a strategic thinker and problem solver, and a highly effective communicator, both written and spoken. The Controller will work closely with the staff and promote an open, inclusive environment that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork. In addition, must be of the highest integrity, and possess an unwavering commitment to the mission of the Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids.
• Leader with 5 to 7 years of accounting and financial experience; will ideally have experience in a complex non-profit entity with multiple programs.
• BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.
• CPA required. MBA or MM a plus.
• Significant experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivables, general ledger, payroll and accounting for investments.
• Skilled in technology tools with experience selecting, implementing and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors.
• Advance knowledge of accounting and reporting software, MS Dynamics GP (including Management Reporter, FRX, Smartlist, SmartConnect) with high level of competency in Excel.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
[email protected] (79)