This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Social Work, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is currently seeking a Compliance Auditor to work in the Office for Child and Youth Protection. The compliance auditor is responsible for the monitoring of the compliance of Archdiocesan parishes, schools and entities with policies as they relate to working with children.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Conducts on-site audits to ensure compliance with policies by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure. Also conducts audits of data entered into the database.
• Prepares for audit by researching materials; formulating a plan of action.
• Communicates audit progress and findings by preparing reports; providing information in meetings.
• Represent the organization to the public in person, via phone or email in a professional manner.
• Perform administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
• Ability to plan own schedule, set priorities and work independently is necessary.
• Assist with the general functioning of office as needed.
• Make recommendations regarding policies, procedures, and practice to enhance audit process.
• Demonstrates flexibility to assist with other office tasks as assigned.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve office.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/GED is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Two to four years experience required.
• Background in database management and compliance.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are critical.
• Travel within the five counties of the Archdiocese is required, must have valid driver’s license and access to a car.
• Working knowledge of and comfort with Catholic faith and parish life required.
• Position is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
• Primary responsibilities are Monday through Friday 9am-5pm but may also include extended days and weekends as needed. (110)