Internet/Social Media, PT Employee
Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School (Takoma Park, MD)
The Archdiocese of Washington and the Salesians of Don Bosco invite applications for a part-time Communications Manager for this Catholic college preparatory high school with an innovative work study program component.
Our school’s mission is to educate qualified students who are economically disadvantaged and have limited options for a private college prep program. Our goal is to achieve a 100% high school graduation rate and acceptance into accredited colleges and universities. Don Bosco Cristo Rey is co-ed, ethnically diverse, and open to students of different faiths.
To help alleviate the cost of tuition, all students participate in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), working five days per month in entry-level clerical/administrative positions. The work program covers the majority of the annual tuition.
Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School (DBCR) is a college-prep high school and work-study program that serves young men and women from low-income families who have the strong desire to attend college and the motivation to cover their cost of education through a unique corporate work program.
The Communications Manager works closely with the President and Development Director to advance the mission of the school and work study program, utilizing print and electronic media. This person manages and maintains the website and social media channels, produces print and electronic communications supporting fundraising and public relations operations of the school and work-study program.
Manage and maintain the school’s online content including the website, social networking sites and possibly blogs, ensuring that new and consistent information on all school and work-study program news, events and article links are posted and updated regularly.
Design, develop and manage the distribution of print materials, including but not limited to, press releases, newsletters, event materials, brochures and publications.
Working with the President and Development Director, the Communications Manager communicates the philosophy, programs and mission of Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program with the media, donors, alumni and the local community.
Performs other duties and special projects as requested; reports to the Development Director.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with web design and maintenance, as well as social media platforms
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, newsletter and social media platforms
• The ideal candidate must have a passion for the mission, be creative, flexible, possess good organizational skills and work well in a team environment.
Please email a cover letter and resume’ to:
Claire Wyrsch, Development Director
[email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- salesians leave archdiocese of washington
- archdiocese of washington dc communications director
- business manager Don Bosco Cristo rey
- dbcr org email link
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey In Washington Dc
- don cristo rey communications manager
- salesians leave washington dc