This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Public Relations, FT Employee
Louisiana Right to Life (New Orleans, LA)
Louisiana Right to Life Educational Committee Inc.
Job Description: Communications Director
Communications Director, (hereafter ‘employee’) of the Louisiana Right to Life Educational Committee Inc. (hereafter ‘organization’) is responsible, under the direction of the Executive Director and the State Board of Directors, for the communications of the organization.
• Experience Recommended: Prior experience in following activities is recommended:
o Public Relations / Media Relations
o Placing Billboard, Radio, Print, or other media buys
o Pubic Speaking
o Manageing websites and social media
o Understanding of Pro-Life Movement and Involvement in Pro-Life Activities
• Self-Starter: The employee would be required to be self-driven to set and reach goals without constant monitoring.
• Organized and Responsible
• Ability to work with others to accomplish projects
• Proficient Computer and Mobile Phone Skills. Knowledge of graphic design software, such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, is recommended
• A Passion for the Pro-Life Cause
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the employee will guide the communications, website, advertising, and public relations messages to consistently articulate Louisiana Right to Life’s mission to the public
• Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications plan to increase the organization’s exposure across the state and in local communities
• Manage all media contacts and relations
• Manage the Louisiana Right to Life email network
o Manage email lists
o Create and execute initiatives to expand email list
o Produce and execute email network updates and newsletter schedule
o Work to Expand Email List
• Work with Development Director on the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, online ads, etc.
• Maintain the “Choose Life License Plate” program and lead efforts to promote the availability of the plate
• Work with the Executive Director and other staff or board members to execute media campaigns
• Coordinate webpage and social network maintenance-ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly
• Implement creation of regular media outreach, such as the “Louisiana Right to Life Minute” to be broadcast on Christian radio stations across the state and maintain the program
• Manage the creation and distribution of “The Luminary”, the Louisiana Right to Life publication/newspaper distributed to supporters and allies across the state at least three times a year.
• As ability allows, facilitate some in-house graphic design needs for the organization’s activities.
Basic Details of Position
• Full time position at the office in New Orleans.
• 10 Business Days Paid Vacation
• Monthly Health Insurance Stipend (organization currently evaluating future of this provision)
• Cell Phone Monthly Stipend
• The salary will be determined by the experience and qualifications of the would-be employee.
Submit resume with references, along with a “Letter of Interest” indicating why you would be a good fit for the position, to Benjamin Clapper at [email protected] For questions, please call the office at 1.866.463.5433. (93)