This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Public Relations, FT Employee
Catholic Voices USA (Arlington, MA)
The Director of Communications is a member of CVUSA’s senior team and will contribute to the growth of our organization for years to come. He/she will lead the strategy and implementation for all our media outreach, website, and public relations messages to consistently articulate the Church’s and CVUSA’s case in the public square.
The position can be based in New York or Washington DC.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position requires some travel and occasional evening and weekend hours.
As CVUSA’s communications director, you will:
• Establish and strengthen relationships with media organizations and diocesan communications offices;
• Develop lead messages on current issues for Catholic communicators;
• Oversee CVUSA’s social media efforts;
• Draft news releases and Op-Eds;
• Train others on effective messaging and interviewing;
• Develop a speakers’ bureau of Catholic commentators as a service to the media, CVUSA and diocesan communications offices; and
• Contribute to all efforts to strengthen the organization in its goal to increase the number of well-trained, studio-ready, ego-free Catholic communicators.
You are a great fit for this role if you have the following skills and/or prior experience:
• Leading successful communications efforts for a religious organization or advocacy group;
• Developing and implementing strategic communications plans;
• Managing multiple projects concurrently, prioritizing work effectively and delivering on deadlines;
• Writing great copy under time pressure;
• Teaching communications skills to others;
• Exceptional relational skills and ability to connect with people of various backgrounds;
• Team spirit, eagerness to work collaboratively with others;
• Ability to represent the organization and Catholic Church well in all forms of media interviews; and
• Love for the Catholic Church and eagerness to strengthen media coverage of the Church.
Please email your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to [email protected] (83)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic voices usa communications director