This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Marketing/Advertising, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
Operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, the communications associate will help manage and implement communications and marketing projects for BCDS clients and partners. The communications associate will be responsible for developing positive stories about parish life, Catholic schools, and other related entities of the Archdiocese of Boston and disseminating these stories primarily through websites, email, direct mail and collateral in support of the RCAB development efforts. Additionally this person coordinates with the Communications Secretary on advancing these stories with the Catholic and secular news outlets, and current and new social media platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate and lead internal communications among BCDS partners so that key pastoral ministries, programs, and services are strategic, consistent, well-alligned, and effectively communicated to key stakeholders both within and outside the Archdiocese of Boston.
• Gather positive stories on parish life, Catholic schools, and other related entities assisting the BCDS marketing team’s work and the Communications Secretary with pitching stories to news outlets.
• Write and create collateral, letters, emails, website copy, and any other relevant communication pieces for BCDS clients.
• Play a role in expanding social media strategy for the BCDS clients as it relates to development. This may entail cultivating new communities or strengthening existing ones.
• Build strong relationships with ministry leaders, pastors and Archdiocesan staff to drive workflow and serve as a resource for staff managing the fundraising activities within the BCDS purview.
• Implement best practices in project management to ensure that performance outcomes are achieved, deadlines are met within budget and department objectives, and timelines are adhered to and managed according to expectation.
• Maintain a clear brand identity among BCDS clients to ensure that respective communication pieces produced for the programs and mission we serve are professional and high quality.
• Manage websites as assigned to BCDS, including editing current content and developing new content to provide fresh, accurate, user-friendly, information that encourages visitors to subscribe to e-mail list and/or make a gift in support of our fundraising needs.
• Create e-mail campaign strategies and execute using content management systems.
• Develop and maintain photos, videos, and other documentation for development use.
• In consultation with senior staff, set mutually agreeable performance goals/standards to effectively measure the quality of performance relating to the fundraising activities of BCDS.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years experience in marketing/communications; experience in development work is desired.
• Demonstrated experience in managing marketing/communications activities and web content is essential. Fundraising experience is a plus.
• Superior organizational, writing, and time management skills.
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and professional and pleasant demeanor.
• Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion and to exercise good judgment, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Constant Contact is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with strong knowledge of PowerPoint.
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed and flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events; car and driver’s license required.
Please submit cover letter & resume to [email protected] (137)