This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CITIZENSHIP AND NATURALIZATION MANAGER
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Manassas, VA)
The Citizenship and Naturalization Manager manages volunteer-led citizenship classes at three sites in northern Virginia. Class coordination involves conducting student registrations, collecting and entering student demographic and assessment data, regularly supervising and observing classroom instruction, recruiting and training volunteer teachers, conducting student outreach, and ordering supplies. The Citizenship and Naturalization Manager also organizes and conducts naturalization workshops, including arranging venues, preparing materials, conducting client outreach, and pre-registering clients. This position also is responsible for creating and maintaining client files for each citizenship student and naturalization applicant and collecting monthly and quarterly data for grant reports, and performing other related duties assigned. The Citizenship and Naturalization Manager must maintain a good working relationship with USCIS to stay current on any changes to naturalization interview and/or eligibility requirements in order to serve as a liaison to other community, faith-based, and government organizations involved in citizenship and civic engagement efforts.
• BS in Education, social sciences, or an international field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
• Two or more years of experience working in a multi-cultural setting
• Demonstrated interest in the naturalization process, education, and assisting others in becoming U.S. citizens
• Bilingual (fluent in Spanish, Arabic, Amharic, or Farsi) strongly preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 or later
• Superior writing and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in data entry and/or maintenance
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Customer service oriented
• Ability to logically solve problems and work under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation/regular access to a car
This position requires some weeknight and weekend hours (at least one Saturday per month).
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No calls, please. (199)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington Inc
- What is naturalization?