This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Music Ministry, FT Employee
Cathedral of St. Peter (Rockford, IL)
The Cathedral of St. Peter in Rockford, Illinois, is seeking a full-time Parish Music Director. This person will develop prayerful liturgical celebrations through the preparation and regular integration of sacred music to build and sustain congregational song at Cathedral liturgies, to deepen the liturgical understanding through the quality of music, to expand volunteer choir membership, and to recruit, train and sustain regular cantors for all masses.
• Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred.
• Previous employment as a Parish Music Director or Assistant Parish Music Director, 2-5 years preferred.
• Possess performance proficiency in a keyboard instrument (organ and piano)
• Proficiency in choral performance and direction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church, with knowledge and experience of the Roman Catholic liturgy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with priests, Diocesan Chorale, professional and volunteer musicians, parishioners and parish staff
• Ability to respond to the musical needs of the cathedral including; development of a children’s choir or bell choir
• Provide appropriate music instruction to students grade K – 8 at the Cathedral school
• Schedule and coordinate weekly choir practice
• Plan and prepare appropriate Liturgical scheduling
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
Very Rev. Carl E. Beekman
Cathedral of St. Peter
1243 N. Church Street
Rockford, IL. 61103 (110)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic choir
- employment catholic church il