This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CHILDREN’S SERVICES COORDINATOR
Social Work, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Woodbridge, VA)
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) Children Services Coordinator to serve families at St. Margaret of Cortona Transitional Residences in Prince William County, Virginia. St. Margaret offers 12-24 months of transitional housing to homeless families exiting emergency shelters and assists them on their path to housing stability.
The position is responsible for advocating and coordinating services for homeless children living at St. Margaret. The position will require some evening work and occasional weekends. In keeping with Catholic Charities Gospel Mission to serve those in need, mind, body and spirit, Catholic Charities will provide the children of St. Margaret with the opportunity to engage in transformational activities. The hired individual will also administer the grant-funded project, Go Out and Play, which connects children to after-school activities and academic counseling. By providing a holistic approach to children services, we seek to break the intergenerational cycle of poverty.
Responsibilities: Children Services Coordination
• Implement and manage a weekly hour-long children’s program
• Meet with each child (pre-school and older) to complete an initial assessment
• Recruit, train and supervise volunteers for the weekly children’s program in conjunction with the Volunteer Manager
• Connect children to appropriate resources (academic, mental health, social services, etc.)
• Facilitate activities between parents and children to enhance play and quality time
• Provide timely, accurate, and adequate documentation of all client services
• Compile resource materials for children and families
• Virginia Mandated Reporter statutes apply to this position.
• Ongoing collaboration with the Case Managers, Office Manager and Program Director and community resources in addition to counselors and volunteers to holistically serve St. Margaret’s families
Responsibilities: Go Out and Play (GOAP) Project
• Research and identify appropriate activities for children
• Execute participation agreements with parents
• Submit vouchers to cover expenses for after-school activities
• Develop a transportation schedule for the children’s’ activities
• Drive children to and from activities, either back to daycare centers or home
• Recruit, train, and supervise a cadre of volunteers to provide one-on-one tutoring
• Work with schools and parents to provide appropriate supportive tutoring services to best meet individual child’s need
• Survey parents, teachers, counselors, tutors and service providers to capture information on child’s well-being and behavior.
• Document attendance and behavior of children during participation as good attendance/behavior will be a requirement for continued participation.
• Work in conjunction with St. Margaret clinicians to administer pre- and post- program assessments.
• Maintain suitable clinical caseload
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Child Development and 2 years’ experience
• Experience working with low-income, high barrier families and children
• Valid Driver’s License with good driving record must be open to traveling to satellite sites.
• CPR and First Aid Certification preferred
• Curriculum development/program implementation experience
• Ability to undertake all physical requirements involved in working in a children’s setting including, but not limited to, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 35 lbs., twisting, kneeling, standing and sitting for duration
• Ability to relate to clients, volunteers, staff, and the public is critical.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls please. (111)