This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Other, FT Employee
St. Joseph School’s Childcare Center (Kennewick, WA)
JOB TITLE: Childcare Director
DEPT/ PROGRAM St. Joseph Children’s Center in Kennewick, WA
POSITON CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The Childcare Director is responsible not only for creating a positive and educational classroom experience, but also for doing so in full compliance with the Diocese of Yakima standards, policies and procedures. The Childcare Director will be dedicated in the development, engagement and management of ensuring an interactive environment for children to help support their social, emotional, physical and academic growth. The individual will be responsible for the cost effective and efficient development and operation of the Childcare Center.
The following are essential duties associated with the position of Childcare Director:
I. Financial Management:
1. Assures accurate billing and timely receivables for the center
2. Prepares and revises program budgets
3. Works to meet or exceed financial goals
4. Initiates program adjustments based on current budget performance
5. Tracks program utilization for optimum program performance
II. Human Resource Management
1. Provides for the recruitment and selection of center staff.
2. Conducts all employee discipline in accordance with the Diocese of Yakima Personnel Policies. Performs annual evaluations on or before staff anniversary dates.
3. Effectively delegates responsibilities to team members.
4. Provides for and maintains records of staff training, orientation, and meetings as dictated by personnel policies and licensors.
5. Recruits and manages volunteers.
6. Approves staff timesheets, expense reports, and leave requests.
III. Program Management
1. Be on the premises for the majority of the hours that care is provide and designate a person to be in charge that meets the qualifications of a lead teacher when not present.
2. Assures that all services offered through the center meet or exceed internal and external (Head Start, etc.) quality assurance guidelines.
3. Monitors curriculum development and facilitation.
4. Ensures that services are offered in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
5. Offers presentations on a variety of childcare training topics.
6. Responds effectively to crisis situations.
7. Develops and distributes service delivery policies.
8. Provides and communicates program direction to his/her supervisor.
9. Responsible for center contracts administration including: compliance, performance, demographics and budget reporting, and program record keeping.
10. Successfully markets and promotes the center.
11. Strives to meet agency goals for inclusion.
12. Provides information and referral for state programs and services.
IV. Classroom Management
1. Create fun innovative and engaging age-appropriate lesson plans that reflect Catholic curriculum and weekly themes.
2. Manage effective classroom transitions.
3. Assist and supervise children during all activities, plus counsel children as needed using positive and appropriate discipline techniques.
4. Ensure that the appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained.
5. Accurately complete all classroom paperwork, such as daily reports, accident reports and attendance records.
6. Follow all classroom regulations for the safety and educational success of the children
7. Attend all staff meetings, trainings and school events as requested.
8. Provide support and direction to the teachers to ensure a productive and orderly classroom.
9. Present a positive and professional image at all times
10. Communicate with parents in a friendly and effective manner, including greeting them by name, addressing concerns in a timely manner, giving positive feedback and providing regular updates on their child’s development and classroom happenings.
11. Maintain open and effective communication with the School Principal.
12. Identify opportunities and/or problems in the classroom and resolve them in cooperation with the teacher and/or assistant.
13. Maintain certification requirements.
14. Maintaining confidentiality regarding families, students and the school.
The normal work schedule is 8 hours per day 5 days per week with exact schedules determined by the Principal. In addition, longer work hours, evenings and weekends will be expected to complete assigned tasks as necessary. It is the attendance standard of the Diocese of Yakima for all employees to be present and on time each work period that they are scheduled to work. Full or partial absence during any scheduled work period, arriving late, or leaving early, for whatever reason, may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Time off may be approved if allowed by applicable policies covering illness, injury, or other personal emergency.
1. Work is primarily performed in a classroom environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips.
2. Incumbent must be able to lift 40 pounds
3. Stand up to 90% of the day
4. Assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children
5. Must be able to sustain a high level of energy
6. Bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day
7. Stoop, sit on the floor
8. Have the ability to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations
9. Perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time
10. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children’s well-being. Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a Pre-School classroom. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
11. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children’s well being
12. Must be able to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment
13. Incumbent will need to be flexible and be able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing situations
14. Incumbent will be faced with a variety of issues on a daily basis and will be engaged in multiple tasks and must respond quickly and appropriately to frequently changing needs of children
1. A current child development associate certificate (CDA); or have completed at least 45 college quarter credits in early childhood education. If the minimum requirement of 45 college quarter credits have not been completed, a minimum of 30 college quarter credits is allowable in conjunction with 150 department approved clock hours (replacing 15 college quarter hours).
2. Meet the STARS requirements and be listed in the state training and registry system (STARS);
1. Have at least two years experience working with children the same age level as the center serves;
2. A minimum of one year experience supervising programs that provides comprehensive coordinated services to young children and their families;
3. Working knowledge of programs serving infants and young children with special needs and their families highly desired;
III. Special Skills:
1. Able to maintain confidentiality;
2. Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred;
4. Excellent organizational skills required;
5. Able to maintain a positive, team-oriented work attitude;
6. Able to cooperatively work with other school staff;
7. Maintains current First Aid and CPR training;
8. Valid driver’s license, clean driving record;
9. Must pass Washington State criminal background check;
10. Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or right to work;
11. Be at least 21 years of age or older.
For complete job descriptions and for instructions on how to apply, please visit the link to Applitrack: For complete job descriptions and for instructions on how to apply, please visit the link to Applitrack: http://www.applitrack.com/yakimadiocese/onlineapp (217)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic Education Office Leederville WA
- childcare director St Josephs kennewick embezzlement
- qualifications for director of child care for school for catholic school
- st josephs school kennewick wa