CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Connelly School of the Holy Child (Potomac, MD)
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for all aspects of the School’s financial and business operations. The CFO provides school-wide leadership, analysis and management of the School’s finances and establishes strategies to ensure the continued financial stability and value of the institution.
• Supervises and directs the Business Office, ensuring that standard and accepted accounting practices are in place.
• Works with the Board of Trustees and Head of School to shape and direct the vision of, and future for, the school
• Issues timely monthly financial statements in order to provide management and the Board of Trustees with all relevant information
• Ensures that all reports to outside agencies are filed in a timely manner
• Assembles all information for the annual audit and provides daily support during the audit process
• Prepares and presents the annual operating and capital budgets and monthly reports to the Finance Committee
• Oversee the School’s investments and investment managers, reports to the Board of Trustees on investments
• Oversees the payroll and audits all tax reports
• Works with Head of School to maintain appropriate compensation and HR policies and administers all employee benefits
• Maintains the School’s relationships with relevant financial institutions, legal counsel and independent auditors, periodically reviewing these relationships
• Partners with the Development Office to ensure accurate reporting of all donations
• Partners with the Admissions Office in the development of financial aid strategies and awarding of aid
• Partners with the Facilities Director in renting to outside organizations
• Completes all annual surveys and reports that are necessary for institutional benchmarking
• Leads efforts to obtain and maintain appropriate levels of property, liability and workman’s compensation insurance; files all claims
• Participates in professional organizations and seeks opportunities for growth and networking
The School seeks an experienced leader who appreciates the balance between the business needs of the School and its educational mission and works well in a team environment. Candidates should have a Master’s degree in accounting or a CPA license. Experience in an educational or non-profit institution preferred.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and five references to Stacey DeGiorgi, [email protected] by February 15, 2014 (0)