This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Management Services (Pleasanton, CA)
Catholic Management Services is a management service organization serving the Catholic Church. We strive to live our mission by being a professional management and consulting services organization.
CMS is a dynamic growing organization that is well established and has the feel of a start-up. The culture of the organization is mission driven with a fast paced environment that allows each team member to make an impact.
The CFO will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The CFO leads an accounting services department serving a growing number of clients. The CFO will work closely with the senior leadership team and take a lead role in preparing and supporting presentations, in addition to ad-hoc communications, with the board committees and client dioceses. This is a best of class department requiring efficient, cost effective solutions for delivering services.
The CFO will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team of 8 to 10 staff members, including functional responsibility over general accounting, financial reporting, revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash and credit management, banking relationships, trust administration and regulatory filings. The CFO will ensure that CMS has the systems and procedures in place to support efficient and effective day-to-day operations, including shared services provided to client dioceses.
The CFO is responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of general ledger data, ensuring financial activity posted to the general ledger complies with GAAP and funeral trust accounting principles. The CFO is responsible for maintaining the chart of accounts. The role reviews and reconciles accounts as needed and leads monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings. The role is responsible for maintaining, developing and recommending strategies for strengthening and enhancing internal controls. Likewise, the role must ensure internal controls are adequate and functioning as designed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, detailed variance analyses, and client diocese or location monthly, quarterly and annual reports/statements, as necessary.
• Manages, coordinates and facilitates financial, compliance, or other audits.
• Leads the creation, documentation and monitoring of financial and operational controls to ensure data integrity and compliance with internal and external policies and requirements.
• Manages, reviews and reconciles all general ledger accounts in an accurate, complete and timely manner. Develops comprehensive format and processes for the reconciliation of financial
• Accountable for cash handling policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate controls and enforcement.
• Leads the maintenance, re-engineering, and implementation or upgrade of new and current financial systems, charts of accounts, and processes to ensure efficient and effective internal controls, data integrity and compliance with internal and external policies and requirements.
• Leads efforts for change and improvement with regard to people, business processes, information systems and internal controls.
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
• Acts as a positive role model for the accounting team through proactive management of change processes, continuously improving processes and client diocese satisfaction.
• Assists leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct
variances as appropriate.
• Oversees all funeral trust accounting activities, processes and policies to ensure compliance with funeral trust requirements.
• Manages and tracks the performance of investments in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
• Coordinates and assists in special projects, as necessary.
• BA Degree in Accounting
• MBA, CPA and major public accounting firm audit experience strongly preferred
• 10+ years general accounting experience in public accounting and private industry
• Thorough understanding and familiarity with GAAP and related practices; cemetery and funeral services experience desired, but not required
• Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance managers
• Demonstrated experience with preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and related presentations, and detailed variance analysis
• Demonstrated experience with improving business processes and accounting policies, to ensure efficient and effective internal controls, data integrity and compliance with internal and external policies and requirements
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document trends and variances timely (on an ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis)
• Demonstrated ability to manage accounting operational areas, including ability to ensure thorough, accurate, and appropriate financial reconciliations and variance analyses
• Proven, results-oriented manager or leader who can manage, motivate and build a cohesive accounting team
• Knowledge of financial systems (e.g., Great Plains, Solomon, etc.); experience implementing financial system conversions strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms with executives and management, clients, managers, and other employees
• Ability to work well in a collegial environment
• Ability to partner with the management team and develop relationships, in support of the objectives of the organization
• Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly (251)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic management services in pleasanton ca
- cfo catholic management services