This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan (Royal Oak, MI)
Job Title Chief Financial Officer
Hours: This is a full time-exempt position
Location: Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan, Archdiocese of Detroit
Starting: January 2014
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Desired Characteristics:
This position is responsible for Agency accounting and financial processing, procedures, internal controls and reporting deadlines. Directs and manages MIS, Accounting and Finance functions for Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan.
As a key member of the Executive Leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, managed entities and clients. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, insurance, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing. It also includes shared responsibility as part of the Leadership Team for strategic planning, forecasting, new business plan development, and analysis and negotiations.
• Oversee grant/contract financials
• Financial reporting, cash receipts and cash disbursement cycles.
• Grants and contracts include: federal, state, counties, private foundations
• Review and approve grant/contract budgets.
• Ensure Agency accounting practices are ethical and compliant with all legal requirements.
• Manage accounting processes for effectiveness and efficiency; produce timely and accurate monthly financials; communicate financial matters internally through management reporting; collaborate to produce regular forecasting; provide analysis necessary for strategic business decisions.
• Foundation/Agency Financials:
Review/monitor cash flow forecasting and safety reserve
Review/monitor monthly financial reconciliations
Review/Analyze monthly financial reports
• Provide CEO and Finance Committee financial information with appropriate analysis
• Annual Budget
• 3 year plan
• Oversee all Agency annual audits (agency, pension, etc.)
• Oversee Agency pension and 403(b); work with finance committee related to pension
• Oversee risk management/liability insurance coverage
• Review and approve grant proposals
• Serve as a resource for proper grant accounting procedures
• Effectively coordinate with the Development office the proper accounting
procedures for all gifts, grants, and funding.
• Ensure that investments, employee benefits, grants, and expenditures conform to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
• Provide guidance and advice to Chief Executive Officer on the financial stability of the Agency.
• Provide guidance and training in all areas of finance and accounting practices to staff.
• Maintain professional relationships with banking partners, investment management firms, audit firms, property management firm and funders.
Commitment to Customers:
• Provide financial direction to Agency programs including grant and program financials.
• Oversee payroll processing
Leadership and Management:
• Supervise a staff of 5+
• Ensure that accounting staff strictly follows the Catholic Social Teachings in all aspects of their positions.
• Direct overall management of Accounting, and MIS
• As a member of the Leadership team, role model professional behavior and guide staff’s professional development.
• Servant Leader.
A comprehensive knowledge of accounting and financial management, especially with regards to not-for-profit institutions
• A CPA certification preferred
• A Master Degree in business, accounting, or finance preferred
• 5+ years of professional experience in leadership positions in accounting or finance
• Strategic vision, excellent supervisory and leadership skills
• Proficiency with information technology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent strategic planning and organizational skills
• Investment management experience a plus.
Instructions: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by Friday, November 15th to Human Resource Manager, Jessica Edwards at [email protected], or by mail to 1424 E 11 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, Michigan, 48067. (124)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities of southeast mi job openings
- edward redlin vice president finance catholic charities of southeast michigan